Wooo Hooo!!!! I feel good!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

purplemoon

For those of you that are familiar with Thetford Forest, and in particular the red route, I am happy to say I completed it for the first time today, including the extra 10km loop :rolleyes:

It was a very challenging course, well for me anyway :blush: and there were a couple of moments I wasn't sure I'd even reach the finish :ohmy: but I ploughed on with it and so glad I did.

In total we did around 17 miles, including the journey to and from the High Lodge Centre, and completed the course in a little over 2 hours, so not bad going considering they estimate it will take 1.5 hrs for experienced riders :biggrin:

This was all on top of an hour's swimming first thing this morning too! I never felt so good :smile:

Well done! Award yourself a forbidden treat and relax in the knowledge that you have been bitten purpleymoon!
When the rain comes tumbling down and you still get ready to roll - that's a nice moment too.
Then, it's just a question of ride regularly and concentrate on the more trivial things in life - like the CYCLING PHOTO CHALLENGE WHICH CLOSES LATER THIS EVENING!!!:rolleyes:

OP
OP
purplemoon

purplemoon

Thankyou! I've rewarded myself with a nice cold glass of wine :smile:

Can only have the one mind as I've got to be up at the crack of dawn with football duties :blush:

What cycling photo challenge? :ohmy:

I don't have any photos of me astride the beast - yet! :rolleyes:

I think I only asked people to be a 'shadow of their former selves' - or be in reflective mood.
It is just one of those sideshows that make up the carnival on the village green that is the CycleChat café though purpley - nothing too serious! :rolleyes:

trio25

Über Member
I haven't rode thetford yet but will down in October for Dusk till Dawn, I'm looking forward to it.

Top Bottom