Word is getting out ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
If "kangaroo courts" were held at the roadside, there'd be fewer drivers on the road.
You tell me where it states that one person cannot put peoples faces or plate details on the internet. The internet has just become another means of getting the same information out there. Nowt else.
I didn't say it was illegal. It's just, in my opinion, and many others I'm sure....not right!

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
*1 - No I am not - and anyone that knows me on here and out in the 'real' world will tell you I am just as likely to call a bad cyclist a twunt as I would call the same to a bad driver. I for one applaud @gaz and his silly cyclists channel, because we can all learn from it.

*2 - Afraid I disagree with you on this one, we have a personal responsibility for our own actions in that they do not endanger others (and ourselves if we have any sense of self preservation), but equal responsibility for 'most' incidents? Come on...........

I am sure @Crankarm of this parish, @gaz , @Black Country Ste and @Leodis could tell you a thing or two about whether their incidents had equal 'blame' levels.

I suppose if we looked at my worst incidents, then yes, it was my fault a lorry overtook me and pulled back in before completing the move forcing me to take to the verge so I didn't go under the trailer's rear wheels. It was my fault a bus driver passing me at 50mph decided 6" was enough room between it's nearside and my elbow. It was also my fault that at least half a dozen cars have been driving towards me on a single carriage way road and pull out to overtake cars on their side and drive AT me at 60mph+ forcing me to do the only option left - ride onto the verge (the same 1/2 mile stretch of road every time!)[/ It seems you're victimised on the road quite a lot. Still, plenty of YouTube footage, eh?

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
[QUOTE 2711179, member: 30090"]Oh I'm sorry for voicing an opinion on a public forum.

And my opinion that I made (if you had bothered to read it) was that RR has clearly stated his position regarding cameras and filming in public. Yours and other posters various introductions of non relevant points is irksome which ultimately leads to a very tiresome discussion ad nauseum.

Me having the foresight that I have could see this so I thought I'd raise the point now rather then in a another seven pages.

So, what and how exactly is your post to RR got to do with filming people?[/quote]
My point was made quite clearly very early on in the thread. But if you tend not to conform with the "in crowd" you get ganged.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
@Roadrider48
Read the account given for these two & tell us where the blame lies please?
http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/split-from-incident-outcome.68203/#post-1267705
&
http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/hit-and-run.140959/
With regards the second the rider involved hasn't been back since.
Tell me seriously! Is there something wrong with you? You really think that as a cyclist I condone and somehow enjoy hearing about others being injured? My comments are on cameras and equality not other cyclists injuries!! I would be grateful if you don't post towards me again. You actually think I get some kind of retribution from injured cyclists? I have no more words for you!!!

classic33

Leg End Member
You really think that as a cyclist I condone and somehow enjoy hearing about others being injured?(1) My comments are on cameras and equality not other cyclists injuries!! You actually think I get some kind of retribution from injured cyclists?(2)
Yes to points 1 & 2.
As for the piece on equality, is it equality to your standard or some other as yet un-named standard?
What about pedestrians using camera's to do exactly the same thing? I've caught drivers whilst on two feet as well as two & four wheels.
You're not able to point out a single piece against your argument of the use of camera's being wrong & for some reason that irks you. If I, as a law abiding person have at my disposal the means to record someone doing something that is illegal or would be against the interests of the company(if one is involved), who are you to say that that equipment shouldn't be used?
I used single use camera's before moving onto a VHS camcorder & then helmet camera's whilst cycling. An SLR carried most days when not cycling.
You are at the most basic level possible, saying that I have no right to be able to back up my side of the story if it involves the use of a camera.
Question. Why is it that some insurance companies now either give you a single use camera or ask as part of the policy that a camera be carried in the vehicle. Local haulage companies & bus companies have issued their drivers with single use camera's, despite the fact that the vehicles are fitted with external video camera's. We as cyclists & pedestrians are not the only ones using camera's, yet you single cyclists out. Why?

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
Yes to points 1 & 2.
As for the piece on equality, is it equality to your standard or some other as yet un-named standard?
What about pedestrians using camera's to do exactly the same thing? I've caught drivers whilst on two feet as well as two & four wheels.
You're not able to point out a single piece against your argument of the use of camera's being wrong & for some reason that irks you. If I, as a law abiding person have at my disposal the means to record someone doing something that is illegal or would be against the interests of the company(if one is involved), who are you to say that that equipment shouldn't be used?
I used single use camera's before moving onto a VHS camcorder & then helmet camera's whilst cycling. An SLR carried most days when not cycling.
You are at the most basic level possible, saying that I have no right to be able to back up my side of the story if it involves the use of a camera.
Question. Why is it that some insurance companies now either give you a single use camera or ask as part of the policy that a camera be carried in the vehicle. Local haulage companies & bus companies have issued their drivers with single use camera's, despite the fact that the vehicles are fitted with external video camera's. We as cyclists & pedestrians are not the only ones using camera's, yet you single cyclists out. Why?
I bet you're a joy to know? Do you take your camera everywhere? Did you really used to go out with a VHS camcorder? Oh dear! I bet that got in the way on shopping day? Thank god for technology advancement! Sorry, I was going to write more but I can't stop laughing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom