Wordle with SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
and a derivative is in a Christmas Carol I believe, ....oh come let us adore @BrumJim 's expanding vocabulary....

Very familiar with the past tense, not so the present one.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I got this a couple of days ago. Has anyone else got it with their first guess? I would imagine it is quite rare.

Screenshot_20230821_203622_Samsung Internet.jpg

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
I got this a couple of days ago. Has anyone else got it with their first guess? I would imagine it is quite rare.

View attachment 703569

I’m on holiday, and still didn’t get it in one! It’s the old football pools / lottery conundrum: Do I keep using the same starter word, hoping it will come up one day, and get stuck with it knowing how much it would hurt if the one day I chose something different, it would be the day that it came up, or start on day 1 with a different word each day?

figbat

Slippery scientist
I’m on holiday, and still didn’t get it in one! It’s the old football pools / lottery conundrum: Do I keep using the same starter word, hoping it will come up one day, and get stuck with it knowing how much it would hurt if the one day I chose something different, it would be the day that it came up, or start on day 1 with a different word each day?

Of course the difference between Wordle and those gambling options is that with Wordle, once a word is used up it (presumably) is then out of circulation, meaning the odds of your word coming up improve every round. That is unless your word has already been used without you knowing.

T4tomo

Legendary Member

except that with Wordle your trying to solve it every day, not get it in 1 once in your life.. and to do that, its best to use a good starter word, not attempt to guess it in 1. i.e JAZZY probably has more chance of coming up in 1 than ADIEU, but I know which I'd use to start with (I actually use neither)

PK99

Legendary Member
WTF? you have 2 G 1Y and you go for ? 5 new letters rather than actually guess the word, get the 2 remaining then somehow you end up with only 4 letters from 5?

In your defence it was the early hours :laugh:
@T4tomo

I was dumb but not in the way you think. I rushed the second line

I rarely guess, I work to letter frequencies and word structure

Wordle 837 4/6

🟩🟨⬜🟩⬜
🟨⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

First line was consonant eliminator, leaving about a dozen possible words.
Likely structure CCVCC, in fact ScvRT

Second line should have been vowel eliminator, leaving only one possible word

STERN
AUDIO
SPURT

Top Bottom