Wordle with SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Location
Hexleybeef

I know it’s a fairly common foreign word that has been adopted into American English. But if foreign words continue to be allowed then the whole game is pointless.

It’s getting to the point where some people might be saying ADIOS AMIGO to Wordle.

I would regard those two words as just as valid as ALOHA.
 

Brandane

Miles cannot be done unless moving!
Location
Costa Clyde.
Wordle is becoming much like one of my regular starter words - SH*TE.
I have started drifting away from doing the puzzle regularly; just do it now and again when bored and when I remember.
Days like today make me realise why. If foreign words are going to be featured, then it's ADIOS from me.
Today's nonsense....
Wordle 1,862 5/6

⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 

Shortfall

Über Member
Anyone heard of today's nonsense word? Me neither. I suppose I enjoyed the struggle in coming to the solution but I'd have been mightily annoyed had I failed 😡
 

Brandane

Miles cannot be done unless moving!
Location
Costa Clyde.
Wordle 1,882 6/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟨⬜⬜🟩
⬜⬜🟩⬜🟩
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟨⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Pure guesswork based on the letters available by line 6. If there was such a word as XEODE, ZEODE, DEODE, or NEODE then I would have failed. Fortunately Wordle doesn't accept words that are not on its list, so I eventually got to GEODE. A new one on me!
 

Dogtrousers

Lefty tighty. Get it righty.
Interesting one today.

My wife informs me that Tween is a solvent that she used to use in electrophoresis when she did lab work but it turns out that's a commercial name.

I assumed it was a contraction of between, (as twixt is a contraction of betwixt) but no dictionaries agree with me.

Apparently it's a contraction of the word tweenager, a child between 9 and 12 years old. Judging from the number of hits it's quite a common word, but it's new to me.

I do remember The Goodies had an international smash hit* with The Inbetweenies but I don't think that's relevant.

You live and learn.

* No. 87 in the Australian chart
 
Last edited:
Top Bottom