Words or phrases that you hate ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Our granddaughters have some cute phrases and words like "Salt and Vigginer." I hate it when they learn to pronounce words properly but glad that they do.

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
I hate it on those property programs when peope use the word 'Entertaining' as a justification for wanting a large kitchen/dinning room. Exactly how do these people 'Entertain' their guests? Do they put on a variety show or somthing?

Brandane

Legendary Member
Our granddaughters have some cute phrases and words like "Salt and Vigginer." I hate it when they learn to pronounce words properly but glad that they do.
My friend's son at the age of four went to "Frolida" for his holidays :smile:. Another one used to like eating "chockit" and was quite partial to "tipsh" (chips).

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
OK, recommend a bike.

Anything bespoke from Woodrup Cycles. Your wish is their command.

andyfraser

Über Member
I'm not sure I've seen this one mentioned so sorry if it has already. I've been reading a post on another forum where someone used "would've", "should've" and "could've" a lot. Or at least they would've if they hadn't spelt them "would of", "should of" and "could of"! It's "would have", "should have" and "could have" if you're not using the contractions! Sorry but that one really annoys me.

User269

I disagree with you on that one, I'm afraid! The word "narrative" has a wider meaning that just "story". E.g. It can mean "account" too, or it can be used to describe an unwritten form of expression which gives an account or tells a story or both.
Yes. It's a word that has a specific meaning beyond 'story'.
So often, when someone is praised for 'calling a spade a spade' what they're actually rerferring to is a shovel.

Top Bottom