Words or phrases that you hate ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
They would have went
We were sat

As loved by Alan Shearer on MOTD

I really think that anyone who can't speak English with correct tenses shouldn't be allowed on TV. Or BBC at least. Maybe on ITV mixing up your past perfects and past imperfects would be OK though thinking about it

MarkF

Guru
My (Irish) dad used to say "filim" for "film/movie", it drove me nuts, I've no idea where he got the extra vowel from. My Spanish pal reminds me of him every time he tries to say "crisps", he just can't do it, "crispas", "crisaps", "crisapapas"..........^_^

Last edited:

brand

I hate it on those property programs when peope use the word 'Entertaining' as a justification for wanting a large kitchen/dinning room. Exactly how do these people 'Entertain' their guests? Do they put on a variety show or somthing?
The pretentious middle class entertain, the working class offer "a bit of scoff round my place and sit where you want" Why would you want a larger room just for "entertaining" when there is virtually no chance of you "entertaining" once a week. Unless your the sucker who supplies the food every week. If so I am happy to go to your pretentious middle class dinner AND not point out that your a prick......hypocrisy? The best firewood to burn is not oak ash or hawthorn it is free firewood and the best food to eat is free food, it taste so much better!

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
Fit for purpose, would it really hurt to put its in its rightful place?
F4P....even worse!:gun:

AndyRM

XOXO
The pretentious middle class entertain, the working class offer "a bit of scoff round my place and sit where you want" Why would you want a larger room just for "entertaining" when there is virtually no chance of you "entertaining" once a week. Unless your the sucker who supplies the food every week. If so I am happy to go to your pretentious middle class dinner AND not point out that your a prick......hypocrisy? The best firewood to burn is not oak ash or hawthorn it is free firewood and the best food to eat is free food, it taste so much better!

Free food and wood?! You're lucky! When I were a lad etc etc...

brand

Free food and wood?! You're lucky! When I were a lad etc etc...
Used to get food for free or negative priced food at supermarket all the time.
Buy one get one free,
The till/software worked like this: The item cost 2 pound, 2 pound plus 2 pound minus 2 pound, total price 2 pound.
Reduced to 1 pound last thing at night 1 pound plus 1 pound .....-2 pound equals nothing!
Or even 2 pound reduced to 50p. 50p plus 50p minus 2 pound equals minus a pound.
Always made sure I had a positive price at checkout. Put the money down and walked off if the assistant said she would have to call the manager as the bill didn't look right.
All ruined by some half wit who went into the supermarket just before closing time and filled his trolley up with buy one get one free fresh carrots. Negative price at till so manager called. She decided that as the tills would not tally up she gave him the money to make the tills tally. The dick promptly went to the local newspaper and told them. What a gobshite. They sorted the software almost certainly because of him...may he rot in hell.

Last edited:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
That, as in...

that.PNG

theclaud

Openly Marxist
The pretentious middle class entertain, the working class offer "a bit of scoff round my place and sit where you want" Why would you want a larger room just for "entertaining" when there is virtually no chance of you "entertaining" once a week. Unless your the sucker who supplies the food every week. If so I am happy to go to your pretentious middle class dinner AND not point out that your a prick......hypocrisy?

Your invitation for some poncey aubergine concoction round @rich p's is on the way. He just adores entertaining. And he might even return the favour and not point out that you are a prick either. :smile:

Top Bottom