Words or phrases that you hate ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Meh. I like 'meh'.

442e6143-ff35-6e1b..jpg

Stu Smith

Veteran
" Everything alright Stuart" My manager utters these words every morning when she walks in late and does not really give a sh*t if it is or not..
When I do say its not she runs up stairs and hides away..
Another one " Don't lay that one on my table" but you are my manager!! Then nine times out of ten bursts into tears..Please get some counselling or give up the managers job, its doing you no good.

Nor me really! I was agreeing with you and adding the only other usage of mate I could think of. 'Joke' falls flat!:smile:
I used to go drinking with the old Surrey spinner- back in the day. He was Inti mate with me.
'Bruv' - in the chummy sense, not the brotherly sense (my sisters would be mortified) could possibly be exterminated from common parlance..."know what I mean, bruv"

byegad

Legendary Member
'At this time'. Used to replace 'now'.

'Rate of speed'. An American mistake catching on here. As a mathematician and one time Physicist that really boils my urine. Do they mean rate of change of speed?? In which case acceleration or deceleration says it in one word. Or do they mean speed? :banghead::banghead::banghead:

'Two times'. I assume they mean twice.

clid61

Veteran
probably been mentioned , but , "Can I get" is fooking irritating , bollocked a wet fart of a man using it on flight home from Morroco on Saturday for using it - Twot !

byegad

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 3417467, member: 259"]'Three times' is unnecessary too - even Lionel Richie got that one wrong - Hello![/QUOTE]
True, my Grandparents used thrice but it seems to have gone from modern usage, twice is following it! I really look forward to losing Once! :surrender:

Leaway2

Lycrist
Working in an airport, I hear the phrase "Mr <somename> to attend the information desk" so often. It always make me cringe. It must be too time consuming to say "Would Mr <somename> please go to/attend the information desk".

Last edited:
Top Bottom