Words or phrases that you hate ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Moon bunny

Judging your grammar.
The tired old cliché, bang for your buck should be left where it started, with USA politicians discussing the most economic way of killing millions of people.

andyfraser

Über Member
Here's one that's not that common here but one I hate all the same: daily driver. It's used by American tech journalists to mean main mobile phone when they have more than one phone.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
probably been mentioned , but , "Can I get" is fooking irritating , bollocked a wet fart of a man using it on flight home from Morroco on Saturday for using it - Twot !
The best response to "can I get ..." is "yes". Then you just leave them looking confused. :laugh:

luckyfox

She's the cats pajamas
'With-w' the common phrase i hear in Newcastle. I don't know what it really means, i think it's means 'with me', "Why aye man, come with-w" (Translates-"Yes, if one would be so kind as to accompany me")
Also if not already said, when people mean the word 'asks' but it's pronounced like 'arks'. More of a Southern/gangster colloquial.
Oh and that word.. the C one, theres no need!

Chromatic

Legendary Member
'With-w' the common phrase i hear in Newcastle. I don't know what it really means, i think it's means 'with me', "Why aye man, come with-w" (Translates-"Yes, if one would be so kind as to accompany me")
Also if not already said, when people mean the word 'asks' but it's pronounced like 'arks'. More of a Southern/gangster colloquial.
Oh and that word.. the C one, theres no need!

What, cycling????

"...to make your house a home..." as Tim kindly mentioned my other 'stock' phraseology above. ^_^ :snowball::santa: I expect there are other solutions available.

Have we had "Home made" yet? Or "succulent pieces of..." etc. "You have a nasty case of the festivities, and you need to take it easy for the next few weeks..."

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
"All I can do is apologise.."

It's rarely true but it's what they say in an attempt to avoid giving a proper response to the problem.

GC

Top Bottom