Words that annoy me for no particular reason.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
"The feels" instead of actually describing the emotion you're feeling. Boils my piss.

winjim

Smash the cistern
'Organic' and 'chemical free', but only when used by smartarse pedantic nitwits to show how clever clever they are. I'm a chemist, I understand those words, but I also understand context and that words and phrases can have more than one meaning.

tyred

Legendary Member
Just got a new one from the States today. As well as a daily huddle and a daily standup there is now a daily scrum:stop:

tyred

Legendary Member
Are you not doing Town Halls?
We even have a "scrum of scrums". šŸ¤¢

We do have town halls but they're big events every few months.

In my dictionary

Town Hall - Large building somewhere in the centre of a town used for communal activities and possibly local council matters.
Huddle - Group of teenagers gathered around having a sneaky fag before school.
Standup - What I do when I get out of a chair.
Scrum - something to do with rugby or what happens in shops in the January sales or after lockdown when non-essential retail is allowed to open again.

Group of people discussing work matters = meeting.

JPBoothy

Veteran
'Organic' and 'chemical free', but only when used by smartarse pedantic nitwits to show how clever clever they are. I'm a chemist, I understand those words, but I also understand context and that words and phrases can have more than one meaning.
When I see the word 'Organic' I just know it's going to be more expensive.

JPBoothy

Veteran
Just got a new one from the States today. As well as a daily huddle and a daily standup there is now a daily scrum:stop:
When I hear the tannoy in my local Supermarket asking the staff to attend the morning 'Rumble' it makes me want to vomit.. How child like must the poor staff feel..

gbb

Legendary Member
Almost any word that come out the mouths of any of the cast of Call The Midwife.
Wtf, did people ever talk like that ?, wordy rubbish, the writers have really gone overboard with it, all the time.
I even asked my mum who was young in that era...no, she didn't remember people talking like that. It's trying to be so 'nice' it makes me want to xx(
Lines like...
'I'm sure that will be most congenial'
'If you so wish'
'I'm not leaving this room until I am content you are giving her the very best care'

Gahhhhhh...:cursing:
Its littered with tosh.

further

Guru
Almost any word that come out the mouths of any of the cast of Call The Midwife.
Wtf, did people ever talk like that ?, wordy rubbish, the writers have really gone overboard with it, all the time.
I even asked my mum who was young in that era...no, she didn't remember people talking like that. It's trying to be so 'nice' it makes me want to xx(
Lines like...
'I'm sure that will be most congenial'
'If you so wish'
'I'm not leaving this room until I am content you are giving her the very best care'

Gahhhhhh...:cursing:
Its littered with tosh.
Stop watching it, go on a bike ride

Top Bottom