Words that annoy me for no particular reason.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Yes,i know it's supposed to mean what you eats affects how your digestive system operates and how it affects your health etc,but it's just so silly,as some might think that if they eat fish and chips for example,then they actually are a plate of fish and chips!🧐

I don't think anyone really thinks that do they? :rolleyes:

But the stuff you put through your gut does become part of your biological make up, so it makes sense that it shouldn't all be fish and chips.

Today; I mostly comprise olives; nice Spanish cheese : this seasons apples ; homemade chicken and mushroom soup - (the last of the bird)

Oh and a friend send a very delicious pumpkin and fruit cake.

Happy times, happy tummy :smile:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I just cannot get my head around 'We are where we are'! It's like trying to fathom out the meaning of life,or where does the universe end. The more i analyse it the more distant the answer becomes!🤔

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
You really think people believe that?
Out of a supposed population of 67 million,do you really think not one of those 67 million believes it?🤔

There are people out there who seriously believe the earth is flat. Out of 67 million surely at least one person believes they are a plate of fish and chips!🧐

Last edited:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I just cannot get my head around 'We are where we are'! It's like trying to fathom out the meaning of life,or where does the universe end. The more i analyse it the more distant the answer becomes!🤔

It's all about being in the present moment man.

Not fearing what is to come, nor regretting that which is past.

Like - just living in the now.

- or possibly like smoking too much dope :wacko:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Nope.

I mean surely not.. :wacko:
I listen to a local radio phone in. Quite often callers ask why people do 'such hideous things' like mass murder for example. The host never says 'because out of a population of 67 million anything is possible'. Everything and anything possible happens in such a large number of people! Yes,someone who believes they are a plate of fish and chips is extremely delusional,but that doesn't detract from the fact that they think they are a plate of fish and chips!🤔

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I listen to a local radio phone in. Quite often callers ask why people do 'such hideous things' like mass murder for example. The host never says 'because out of a population of 67 million anything is possible'. Everything and anything possible happens in such a large number of people! Yes,someone who believes they are a plate of fish and chips is extremely delusional,but that doesn't detract from the fact that they think they are a plate of fish and chips!🤔

Yup I guess it's like those poor disadvantaged people, who think that voting Tory will help them in some way..

Utter madness huh??

Can't be helped... :wacko:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Yup I guess it's like those poor disadvantaged people, who think that voting Tory will help them in some way..

Utter madness huh??

Can't be helped... :wacko:
Ah,the old trick of lefties,to change the subject around to politics when they run out of logical (and illogical) replies.:rolleyes:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Ah,the old trick of lefties,to change the subject around to politics when they run out of logical (and illogical) replies.:rolleyes:

Which lefties are they then ??

Don't tell me you're one if those binary..

"If you're not this then you must be that" sorts ??

Don't forget what happens when you assume things..

Makes an ass, out of u and me..

Top Bottom