Words that you or others struggle to pronounce

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

And if we're going to venture into foreign languages then judging by the faces of the people I speak to, every darned French word out of my mouth is mispronounced! :laugh:

Last edited:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
When I posted to the Far East, the letter R was not in their vocabulary. It was always replaced with the letter L. So rice became lice. So you ended confirming that you ordered Fried Lice to the service staff. In the sub continent the R was over emphasised like Rrrr. So rice became rrrrice.

waiter, this chicken is rubbery
ah, thank you velly mush

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Reminds me of a little game/joke we used to play on our kids. Try it on yours.

Ask them to pronounce and spell out
M... a... c... B... e... t... h

Then
MacDuff

Then
MacHine

Back in day I was working on software for the "Main control point" (MCP). A colleague wrote the set up programme for it MCP-LINK
Inevitably we all called it McPlink

And in another place the marketing name for a project was Pizzazz, which someone assumed was a code name which he took to be pizza-zed-zed

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
To be fair, I would have rubber eared a text like that from my mate an aw. :laugh:
What the feck does that mean?!🧐

;)

Bromptonaut

Rohan Man
Earlier this afternoon Peter Hain was being interviewed on Times Radio following the death of FW DeKlerk (though I think he has a book to punt as well).

Hain reports that DeKlerk, attending a Truth and Reconciliation Session, was sufficiently irritated by the line of questioning that he stormed out.

Hain described him leaving in High Dungeon.....

Top Bottom