1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Work / Industry Poll

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by yenrod, 22 Jan 2008.

?
  1. YES

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. NO

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. yenrod

yenrod Guest

Is your work normally 'busy'...

Or is it less busy than usual...

2. Chuffy

Chuffy Veteran

I'm acting as maternity cover for one person. I'm also covering for someone who is off on long term sick. We have enough work for three people....

No, I really shouldn't be on here but dropping in now and then stops me from going mad!

3. Lord of the Teapot

Lord of the Teapot New Member

... Err... It's not working *snigger* ;)

4. walker

walker New Member

my company is busy, I am not on the otherhand

5. freakhatz

freakhatz New Member

No, it's very quiet because I am here..

6. I need to be online... ;)

7. Paulus

Paulus Getting older by the minute

At the moment our depot is as busy as usual, but later on in the year the weekend engineering work is tailing off, so some easier weekends to be had. For five years we have been flat out at weekends and all weekdays.

8. Aint Skeered

Aint Skeered New Member

I have enough work at the moment,but did some ringing round this afternoon to drum up a bit of business.
    I ring 3 of my clients (London Coach operaters) and each one commented that it was hard at the moment, and all where expecting a bleak year.
    I sincerely hope they are wrong!

9. simonali

simonali Über Member

Busier than it normally would be. A firm in Gloucestershire that makes a similar product has had 'technical difficulties' and we have been absorbing all their raw materials.

10. longers

longers Veteran

Very much up and down, feast or famine. I think it has more to do with the total and utter ineptness of our Production Manager than anything else :blush:.

On the whole we will be busier this year than last year.

11. gbb

gbb Legendary Member

Ironically, my workBASE (fruit importers) is quietish compared with 7 years ago...it used to be manic.
    Now a lot of packing is done at source...Cyprus, South Africa, Uruguay, Spain etc....so while the workforce back here have it easier now...i'm (and my colleague is ) busier than ever travelling round and setting up lines and servicing equipment ready for the new seasons.
    Labour costs......thats what drives it.
    Uruguay and S Africa.....$5 a day for the average worker....jeeez £2.50 a day !!!!!
    I think i spend 10% of my working year abroad.

12. Busy and getting busier ... at least, it is if you're not one of the day drivers, who seem to be able to bugger off home after eight hours at work, leaving me and the other night driver to finish their shifts off.:tongue:

13. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

That's why I loved my time as an agency driver so much. It's as if once someone gets promoted to manager they forget that the drivers spend half of their day in the cafe or popping home for a cup of tea. The downside to it is that I'd be in a dilemma after finishing all my drops a good two hours before the regular driver would get back to the depot.

14. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

New job, new project, new location, finding suitable staff, it goes on and on and long may it last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Maverick Goose

Maverick Goose A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place

Between jobs at the mo, but due to start a new one in a month or so:biggrin: [at last, a permanent contract!}