Work / Industry Poll

Is your place of work 'busy'...

• YES

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • NO

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm acting as maternity cover for one person. I'm also covering for someone who is off on long term sick. We have enough work for three people....

No, I really shouldn't be on here but dropping in now and then stops me from going mad!

Chuffy said:
I'm acting as maternity cover for one person. I'm also covering for someone who is off on long term sick. We have enough work for three people....

No, I really shouldn't be on here but dropping in now and then stops me from going mad!

... Err... It's not working *snigger* ;)

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
At the moment our depot is as busy as usual, but later on in the year the weekend engineering work is tailing off, so some easier weekends to be had. For five years we have been flat out at weekends and all weekdays.

Aint Skeered

I have enough work at the moment,but did some ringing round this afternoon to drum up a bit of business.
I ring 3 of my clients (London Coach operaters) and each one commented that it was hard at the moment, and all where expecting a bleak year.
I sincerely hope they are wrong!

simonali

Guru
Busier than it normally would be. A firm in Gloucestershire that makes a similar product has had 'technical difficulties' and we have been absorbing all their raw materials.

longers

Legendary Member
Very much up and down, feast or famine. I think it has more to do with the total and utter ineptness of our Production Manager than anything else :blush:.

On the whole we will be busier this year than last year.

gbb

Legendary Member
Ironically, my workBASE (fruit importers) is quietish compared with 7 years ago...it used to be manic.
Now a lot of packing is done at source...Cyprus, South Africa, Uruguay, Spain etc....so while the workforce back here have it easier now...i'm (and my colleague is ) busier than ever travelling round and setting up lines and servicing equipment ready for the new seasons.
Labour costs......thats what drives it.
Uruguay and S Africa.....$5 a day for the average worker....jeeez £2.50 a day !!!!!
I think i spend 10% of my working year abroad.

mondobongo

Über Member
Quiet at the moment but then January is always a crap month people have spent up at Christmas and New Year and are waiting to get paid at the end of the month. Start to see a pick up in Feb with normal service being resumed beginning of March.

Top Bottom