Work related bling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aint Skeered

I've just filled out my company insurance form, and was amazed to find that my hand tools (mostly Snap-On)came to the best part of 6 grand.
Now granted they are probably the best tools you can buy, and i could make do with cheaper versions, but I do like the quality and the fact that they will do the job.
Do any other CC'ers have a favourite tool/ piece of equipment, that could be classed as a luxury item, that you use for your work etc?

walker

the mrs Can be a bit of a tool at times

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Ermm. Not sure about luxury, as such, but at one job there was a certain RF analyzer that I insisted on using. We had a few that would perform the measurement I wanted (transmission loss over the 14-14.5 GHz range), but I had to have this particular one.
Because my previous job had been at the company that made them.;)
And I had built and calibrated that one.:biggrin:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
not in my opinion, but in another thread someone accused the macintosh computer as being a luxury item.

so i guess my mac pro tower with 2 x dual core processors is a bit bling then (two monitors as well).

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Arch said:
Standing his lunch box and coffee mug on?;)

it gets a bit hot to keep your lunch box on it all day :biggrin:

simonali

Guru
I always use Knipex sidecutters. They'll cut stainless piano wire and the hinges last for years. Only on my 3rd pair in 20 odd years and that's only coz the new ones were a freebie. The old ones still have plenty of life in them. Also like Bahco adjustable wrenches.

kyuss

Veteran
alecstilleyedye said:
not in my opinion, but in another thread so i guess my mac pro tower with 2 x dual core processors is a bit bling then (two monitors as well).

Only dual core? :biggrin: Amateur.:biggrin:;)

Keith Oates

Janner
I don't ever remember seeing brown ink, bet it is the base for many discussions and can also 'break the ice' at those times when meeting a new person and the talk is getting a bit stilted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave5N

Über Member
Computers are pretty much about expectation. My G5 and mini-mac are so many times more powerful than the SEIIs and LC's I had back then, but relatively, they're rubbish. I still produce the same stuff though, regardless.

strofiwimple

Veteran
I am a total dinosaur when it comes to puters and gizmos (age thing maybe) but i have just read that the intel pentium?? sound from its adverts is the most recognisable sound in the world! surely not- what about waves crashing or the sound of your baby crying when its nappy is full? this world is mad.

Top Bottom