Work stand

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4649871, member: 9609"]I sit on the floor when cleaning round the BB, then I duck underneath to get to the other side, once lifted my head a little early and can confirm that the chain ring really does hurt - if I ever go bald I'm sure there will be a little scar where it bit me.[/QUOTE]

You should have had a helmet on.

jay clock

Massive member
I know someone uses this, he seems happy but he does take his bike to the LBS for anything other than "cleaning and tweaking"
There are cheaper, similar stands from about £25 delivered

Either way, I would say that it's OK for minimal use on one bike, I bought similar for regular home workshop use on numerous bikes and some buy / restore / resell projects and although it's still in use it now has lost its grips, needing a piece of inner tube wrapping round the seatpost first, and the stripped clamp bolt (made of Happy Shopper cheddar) replaced by a normal bolt.....it's due for replacement

If it's going to get regular use, a Park PCS-9 is worth the spend. 2nd hand about £50 (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Park-Tool-PCS-9-/292002217440?hash=item43fcb03de0:g:5tUAAOSwNnRYgOGq) - not mine and no affiliation with the seller

It's a "home mechanic" stand but we use one at work daily for "on the shop floor PDI & new bike assembly" stand (as opposed to the ubiquitous Kestrel in the workshop) and so long as you grease the plastic cone where it inserts into the metal frame now and again, it works as well as it did when it was bought
+1 for the Park PCS9. I have had mine 10+ years, mainly left in the garden and still faultless

chriscross1966

Über Member

I've got that one and it's fine for a Brompton... as I don't own any other bikes I can't comment but both my Brommies are fine on it.

Top Bottom