workers rights? bullying employer.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Canrider said:
:wacko::eek::thumbsup:

Sorry, trying to figure out how that could be made to work, remembering how many people I know who work in the local Lidl, Somerfield, Coop, etcetcetc.

Ah, but remember, it was a fairly small store, and I have a fairly small family, and at that time, bugger all friends. So it wasn't that hard. If my Mum, Dad or sister came in, someone else served them, and the few friends I had didn't live round there so never came by...

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Arch said:
Ah, but remember, it was a fairly small store, and I have a fairly small family, and at that time, bugger all friends. So it wasn't that hard. If my Mum, Dad or sister came in, someone else served them, and the few friends I had didn't live round there so never came by...

Arch, I can't believe you ever had bugger-all friends.:thumbsup:
Tell us who was rotten to you and we'll go and duff 'em up a bit.:wacko:

col

Legendary Member
Aint Skeered said:
A friend of mines wife works for TK Max. Everybody is searched before leaving work. Also if they are on the tills, they are not allowed to deal with anyone they know.

Again,this sort of thing can be normal procedure for larger companies,if done properly,i cant see a problem?

classic33

Leg End Member
piedwagtail91 said:
my son works part time ,along with several others, in an off licence.
their boss had said that when they go into work they have to list in a book how much money they have in their wallet/purse and if they smoke how many cigarettes thay have with them.
it would seem that the owner at some stage may then come into the shop and demand to check their money /fags to see if it matches the list.
i said that this was well out of order but can't find any help on the web to back it up.
are there any knowledgeable people out there can point me in the right direction?.
thanks

Try here
http://www.personneltoday.com/articles/2007/07/03/41297/legal-q.html

Top Bottom