'Works V8'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I only know one person that uses his Landrover properly, and he's on here. I suspect a neighbour uses his 'properly' too, but don't see it out much. Another has new(ish) sparkly black one that's never seen more than a dropped curb onto his drive - has all the bars, lights, roof rack.

I bet farmers are either trying to keep their old land rovers going, or using pick ups now.

I bet farmers are either trying to keep their old land rovers going, or using pick ups now.

Certainly true around here. Pickups invariably Japanese, L200 and the like.

Probably because drivers like relative comfort, rain that stays on the outside, moderate economy, and decent reliability.

For some unfathomable reason none of these things come as standard on a series, 90/110, or a Defender.

I had 6 of them, starting with a 2A Light-Weight, finishing with a 110Td5 'Heritage' (Station Wagon) & can agree

Although, the 300Tdi's were great engines,& fairly economical for the job they had to do
My only issues with one of them was poor starting, but the battery looked as though it was pinched from a Fiesta, & the alarm kept going off - presumably the battery was dying & the alarm was detecting a low voltage, as though a door was opened & interior light on?
(that 110 had been bought from a main-dealer!!)
A replacement 'tractor battery', bought from an 'agricultural suppliers' (& the biggest I could fit in the seat-box) cured both problems

Comfort?
The coils had enough travel for me, on most byways
Good seats too!

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
The Jimny was almost as good off-road. The new model, which looks just like a shrunken G-Wagen, had a 2 year waiting list. Then Suzuki stopped selling it in the UK, citing fleet CO2 emissions (it'll do about 40mpg and is no planet killer).

Top Bottom