World Championship 2019 Yorkshire......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The mixed team time trial was surprising gripping for a team time trial. A well deserved bronze for GB who set of in the worst of the weather. The Dutch took gold although, but were lucky that Mollema didn't crash and take out a Team mate at one point. Some poor decision making by the Italians saw then drop to fourth.

OP
OP
ozboz

ozboz

Guru
Elynor Backstedt takes Bronze in Junior Women’s TT, well done to her !
Mad thing is the Russian that won did take a wrong turn and still came out on top !

OP
OP
ozboz

ozboz

Guru
Nice win for Italy , some rider to put up with problems he encountered during race then go on and win !
Well done him !
Extra Cornetto for him tonight !

Two young Brits in top ten also !
Extra Jelly Babies for them
!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Bjerg wins the TT for the 3rd time. Remarkable

dragon72

Guru
It's crazy that since the beginning of World Champs week, looking at the BBC Sport website from outside the UK there isn't a single link to a single story about the World champs. All football, tennis, F1 and other such nonsense. When the World Championships are being held in the UK! To be fair I did see a link on the BBC Sport main page to the video of the U23 underwater time triallists today. Maybe there is more if viewing from inside the UK, but from overseas, as far as the Sport main page is concerned, it's as if there's nowt happening in pushbike racing.

Adam4868

Guru
It's crazy that since the beginning of World Champs week, looking at the BBC Sport website from outside the UK there isn't a single link to a single story about the World champs. All football, tennis, F1 and other such nonsense. When the World Championships are being held in the UK! To be fair I did see a link on the BBC Sport main page to the video of the U23 underwater time triallists today. Maybe there is more if viewing from inside the UK, but from overseas, as far as the Sport main page is concerned, it's as if there's nowt happening in pushbike racing.
Nah there's not much inside the UK either.Unless your into cycling i doubt you'd know it's on.Think I saw a bit on BBC breakfast this morning.
I've not watched a lot myself yet,saw a bit of women's TT today. Chloe Dygert Owen (United States) took the win.Remarkable 1:33 clear of Anna van der Breggen (Netherlands) and 1:52 up on the defending champion Annemiek van Vleuten (Netherlands).
I think its the biggest margin of a win in a time trial since the event began !
Probally doesn't like the rain and thought feck I just want to get back to the bus !

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I take your point but how many of the Cyclechat massive are even interested and they're presumably cyclists

DRM

Guru
I take your point but how many of the Cyclechat massive are even interested and they're presumably cyclists
The BBC has, as far as I’m concerned an appealing track record of ignoring various sports, the Vuelta, the Giro, grudging mention of the Tour of Britain, Tour de Yorkshire & Tour de France, passing mention of Rugby League games, however football is rammed down your throat, they can waffle for hours about tennis, golf or Rugby Union, I think it speaks volumes about those in charge of the sport section at the Beeb.

Reactions: mjr
Top Bottom