World Championship 2019 Yorkshire......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Looks like a reroute may be required

48416426412_37f8b75b45.jpg

GilesM

Legendary Member
We're staying in harrogate for the TTs, then off into the Dales for a few nights to see the Road races on the hilly bits, probably head to Grinton Moor for the men's race and Lofthouse for the women's, should be good, and no doubt the crowds will be a bit bigger than they were in 1982 at Goodwood, a different era, when cycling in Britain was some what less mainstream. I'm looking forward to it.

GilesM

Legendary Member
How about a few predictions for the worlds, Geraint Thomas seems to be in with a good chance in the TT, if Alaphilippe has kept his form from the Tour he must be favourite for the men's Road Race, can Lizzie Deignan win the women's road race.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Is it a lack of self esteem that makes you lot come out with this crap so often?
I totally agree!

PS Can we also call a stop to posts saying that London is the centre of the universe, and expressing the view that there is no life north of Watford! :whistle:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
If I lived in London, I'd do my bit Colin, but I don't.
But you are south of Watford - ha ha!

I get a bit tired of constant reliving of The War Of The Roses too, especially living on the 'border' between the 2 counties. Here is a particularly bad example!

Anyway... I'm looking forward to the World Championships, which just happen to be in Yorkshire this year. My cousin is coming down from Scotland for them and we will be driving/cycling to some vantage points to watch some of the racing. I'll try to take some decent photos of the action.

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
Conor Swift, in an interview, said that we've only got 6 riders in the men's road race because we didn't make the top 10. Who would the course suit?

Top Bottom