World Championship Mens RR *Spoiler*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
tsddave

tsddave

Ouch,

I am really very sorry guys :sad:

I watched the whole race live on television from morning till afternoon and was caught up in the victory and did not consider that what I did would upset or piss anyone off. I guess I felt that the race was over and anyone that was interested would know the result, I guess I didnt consider this carefully enough. I also thought it would be available live on uk tv also? I guess not! It was here in Norway.

No offence, rudeness or selfishness intended at all.

Ive never been involved in a forum before where "spoilers" would even be relevent, so this is new to me.
I assure you though, I know now and have learnt from this.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Anyway, there is nothing to argue about - just don't do it!

Yep, we had this over a TdF stage as well and the answer was the same....DON'T DO IT

Hip Priest

Veteran
I'm just telling you that this kind of thing ruins the viewing pleasure of many people and to argue about is to basically be saying "Piss off, I don't care about you and your stupid feelings, moron!" which is selfish and rude.

If the policy on here is not to put race results in thread titles, I'll observe it. I just don't personally agree with the policy. Also, I don't think it was a 'deliberate spoiler'. I think the OP just didn't realise the protocol round here.

I moderate one of the largest motorsport forums on the web, and we don't have such a policy. It isn't universal.

And by expressing my disagreement with the policy, I'm not telling you to piss off, or that I don't care about your feelings.

iLB

Hello there
I think you guys need to lay off the OP, it wasn't intended to cause problems and he clearly didn't think it would be an issue and it's not like some matter of life and death. Go and ride your bikes or something instead of getting in such a huff about something so trivial, life's too short.

OP
OP
tsddave

tsddave

If the policy on here is not to put race results in thread titles, I'll observe it. I just don't personally agree with the policy. Also, I don't think it was a 'deliberate spoiler'. I think the OP just didn't realise the protocol round here.

I moderate one of the largest motorsport forums on the web, and we don't have such a policy. It's isn't universal.

As the OP I can understand the policy myself and I simply dont want to spoil anything for anyone and the intention behind the thread was purely to bask in the spender of a British win of the event. This whole reaction to my thread has really spoilt that for me now ,so I guess we are all in the same boat.I think some of the reactions were abit overly immature and emo for my liking but then never mind. I know I am far from stupid and I dont think its good etiquette (I can even spell the word correctly unlike some!) for others to respond in this way towards a new member who made a simple mistake.

Sure I can see your points also Hip Priest, ,mostly the "avoid football forums unless you want to see football results" example. This is I guess as much a "no brainer" as the idea behind putting *spolier* in the title.

The thing is we are getting away from the whole point of the thread ......

G O O D J O B T E A M U K

raindog

er.....
I don't get this. Someone's recorded a race that they really want to watch without knowing the result so they come on the internet first where the result will be plastered all over the place?
Give the OP a break guys.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
As the OP I can understand the policy myself and I simply dont want to spoil anything for anyone and the intention behind the thread was purely to bask in the spender of a British win of the event. This whole reaction to my thread has really spoilt that for me now ,so I guess we are all in the same boat.I think some of the reactions were abit overly immature and emo for my liking but then never mind. I know I am far from stupid and I dont think its good etiquette (I can even spell the word correctly unlike some!) for others to respond in this way towards a new member who made a simple mistake.

Sure I can see your points also Hip Priest, ,mostly the "avoid football forums unless you want to see football results" example. This is I guess as much a "no brainer" as the idea behind putting *spolier* in the title.

The thing is we are getting away from the whole point of the thread ......

G O O D J O B T E A M U K

You can't spell splendour though :thumbsup:

It's not a big deal but better to follow the procedure just in case anyone is waiting to see highlights. The thread title can be seen from the home page if it was the last post in that section so even people avoiding 'Racing' can see it sometimes.

Very gracious of Hip Priest to promise to observe the etiquette despite disagreeing with it.:whistle:

Noodley

Seems like an error, but will still be annoying to those who did nopt watch...especially as there was another thread discussing the worlds with SPOILER written in it...and the other Worlds thread had SPOILER written on them.

Maybe just taking a bit of time rather than posting would have helped.

Anyway, there is an entire other thread to discuss the race, and this thread has run it's course IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom