World Championships course and other innovations 2017 (re-titled thread)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I know, I know. It's months away. However...

The UCI have revealed the route for the men's ITT, which seems to include a Triathlon stylee transition section to swap bikes before the final 3.4km 9.1% climb to the finish.

http://www.uci.ch/road/news/article...cular-men-elite-individual-time-trial-course/

Next year I have heard they are including a knitting section; one balaclava needs to be finished before riders can continue the final 5km...

Last edited:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I think they shouldn't be allowed to change bikes. Hey ho!
Valverde for the punditry pick?

I know, I know. It's months away. However...

The UCI have revealed the route for the men's ITT, which seems to include a Triathlon stylee transition section to swap bikes before the final 3.4km 9.1% climb to the finish.

http://www.uci.ch/road/news/article...cular-men-elite-individual-time-trial-course/

Next year I have heard they are including a knitting section; one balaclava needs to be finished before riders can continue the final 5km...

Maybe they will knit you a bobble hat to go with your bobble head

I think they shouldn't be allowed to change bikes. Hey ho!

Reactionary old fuddy duddy UCI stylee thinking - as long as they don't change to one with a motor what does it matter ^_^

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Reactionary old fuddy duddy UCI stylee thinking - as long as they don't change to one with a motor what does it matter ^_^
It'll end like F1 with riders pulling into the pits to change drivetrain, tyres, bikes, motor oil...

...you mark my words, young 'un:whistle:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
TTs are not supposed to be interesting.
There have been a few obviously interesting TTs, such as the 1989 TdF finish. That is what persuaded me to buy a bike and get back into cycling after a break of 20 years. Mostly though, I fast forward through them.

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
There have been a few obviously interesting TTs, such as the 1989 TdF finish. That is what persuaded me to buy a bike and get back into cycling after a break of 20 years. Mostly though, I fast forward through them.
No, there has been one interesting TT, the 1989 TdF finish.

Which would not have been interesting if not for the fact the lead exchanged hands and that it was the birth of modern TTing technology; it was the impact which made it interesting.

Top Bottom