World Championships course and other innovations 2017 (re-titled thread)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
World Championship spoilers.........It's like I slept through summer.
No change to the rest of your life...

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
I have re-titled the thread having seen the latest course format "innovation", and I guess they'll keep at it.

Have you seen what they've come up for La Course? Worse than the ITT format, which I didn't think was possible.

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
My Google has worn out ... Do us a favour and just tell us! :okay:
Oops forgot the details, I was so gobsmacked!

edit - did it again!

The "concept" is that they race 67km to the top of Col d'Izoard, and then the top 20 race a 23km ITT on the same day as stage 20 of the men's race, being set off at the time intervals as the d'Izoard stage.

It's becoming a bit of a pantomime.
And I'm wondering what all this innovation is deflecting us from watching of more interest.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
The stages
C98_u8XXcAMaF8I.jpg

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The "concept" is that they race 67km to the top of Col d'Izoard, and then the top 20 race a 23km ITT on the same day as stage 20 of the men's race, being set off at the time intervals as the d'Izoard stage.
It sounds like they won't be doing a TT as such, but will be racing with a handicap from the previous stage?

It does seem very odd. It might actually turn out to be quite entertaining but it does just sound like a way of giving good climbers a chance against good time trialists and everybody else be damned!

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
Norwegians to have "podium youth" in national costume for the Worlds:
http://www.aftenposten.no/100Sport/...se-tilbake-pa-dette-som-noe-rart-234898b.html

As INRNG highlight, however, "6 maids" are stipulated in UCI rules:
C--z5s7WAAAbs7A.jpg

Top Bottom