World Championships

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
So who's going to win?

The easiest prediction is Cancellara for the Elite Men's TT (sorry, Bradley!). I hope Emma Pooley can take the Elite Women's TT again too...

The press are saying that Cunego is favourite for the Elite Men's RR but I don't think he'll win any more than last year as he will be so marked - which of course might allow a different and unexpected Italian to win, like last year. Valverde is another clear prospect if he isn't knackered and can carry his form through (although he shouldn't be riding at all if he or the Spanish federation had any self-respect). You've also got a different mix this time with the US, Britain and Norway all having 9 riders.,, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Edvald Boasson Hagen up there.

Elite Women's RR? Vos. Simple.

I am Spartacus

Über Member
Is it being streamed or on TV anyone know?

Skip Madness

British Eurosport will be showing everything live except (I think) the men's U23 road race. (Edit - the BBC red button will also have the men and women's elite road races and time trials, but not the men's U23 in either.)

For the time trials, I think Fabian Cancellara's distancing of Bert Grabsch in Valencia tips the balance in his favour in a race I was previously undecided on. The form of Amber Neben, Kristin Armstrong and Emma Pooley against the clock at this point is a bit uncertain, so I reckon the flying Christiane Soeder will be the one to beat there.

For the road races, I think the course is well suited to Andy Schleck but his condition isn't well-known. Much as I don't want to say it, Alejandro Valverde is the one I reckon will pull it off. I don't particularly have any strong inclinations for anyone, though. Among the women, although Marianne Vos starts as the favourite I don't think she will have it all her own way, and not just because I don't like her. Tatiana Guderzo's distancing of her at the end of Volterra makes me think she could have an extra gear on the others in Mendrisio, although I believe the Germans strength in numbers could be the key to unlocking all of the other nations. Judith Arndt and Trixi Worrack will be heavily marked, meaning Claudia Häusler may escape the leash.

Men's Time Trial:
(1) Fabian Cancellara (2) Bert Grabsch (3) Bradley Wiggins

Women's Time Trial:
(1) Christiane Soeder (2) Karin Thürig (3) Amber Neben

Men's Road Race:
(1) Alejandro Valverde (2) Andy Schleck (3) Damiano Cunego

Women's Road Race:
(1) Tatiana Guderzo (2) Claudia Häusler (3) Marianne Vos

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
Women's TT
Pooley
Soeder
Neben

Men's TT
Cancellara
Wiggins
Grabsch

Women's RR
Vos
Abbott
Armitstead

Men's RR
Sanchez
Cunego
Boasson Hagen

maverick

heliphil said:
when are they being shown???

On BBC red button.

Wednesday 23
1300-1645 - Women's Time Trial

Thursday 24
1030-1600 - Men's Time Trial

Saturday 26
0800-1130 Live coverage .Womens Road race.

Sunday 27
0930-1630 Live coverage Mens Road Race

raindog

er.....
Great ride from Alex Dowsett to come 7th.
Bobridge was flying - apparently he's signed with Garmin for next year.

BigSteev

Cheers RD. Why is it so difficult to find out what's going on there? The official site is shite - no live timing, still no results. Maybe I'm used to being spoilt with F1 coverage but it really sucks.

raindog

er.....
Watch this space - I'll put a couple of links up for you later on when the girls start.:smile:

BigSteev

Ahhh, streamed coverage on the BBC website - Happy BigSteev - though no work will be done this pm.

raindog

er.....
So, you fixed up then BigSteev? That beeb link won't work for me out of the UK. But I can usualy get some Eurosport streams to work.
Happy viewing!

Top Bottom