World Championships

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavintc

Guru
Outstanding - just turned the TV on, in my hotel room in Germany to find that the Women's TT is being shown live. Excellent - just working away at the desk, with the TT showing next to me.

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
Git! ;-) I'm stuck at work trying to decipher the jumble of comments on cyclingnews... can't even get the bbc pic to work... ;-(

gavintc

Guru
Pooley not finished - my German is not good enough to pick up the difference between a timecheck and the finish.

Skip Madness

Besides the obviously excellent ride from Kristin Armstrong, Noemi Cantele really surprised me. I expected her to do all-right, but no-way top five, never mind second. Linda Villumsen also rode excellently, considering this time trial was longer than... 5km.

David Harmon describing Kristin Armstrong as probably the best all-round rider in the World was one of the more ridiculous statements we will hear at these championships, though.

Christiane Soeder was disappointing, I thought - losing to Armstrong isn't a surprise but coming behind Cantele, Villumsen and Arndt was unexpected, especially over this distance.

Top Bottom