World Championships

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr Mag00

rising member
well he was 2 and half minutes clear, could have walked last 200 m

gavintc

Guru
Listening to this in German is testing my German language to the limit. There is quite a lot of talk about Wiggins, but my German does not stretch to the more technical words.

Wiggins in 20th place - 5 mins down on Cancellara.

Proto

Legendary Member
alecstilleyedye said:
was it campag? italians and electronics don't have a good mutual history…

You've owned a Ducati, haven't you!! :wahhey:

(PS Wiggo was on Shimano)

gavintc

Guru
He reports that his chain popped off at the foot of the climb. But it interfered with the rear brake (on new TT bikes, they are above the chain stay) and he was riding up the hill with a rubbing block. He presumed his car was behind him, but the marshalls had held it back, presumably to allow Cancellara's team through first. He had some choice words about Larsson in his comments to CW. Worth a quick look.
http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest/398479/wiggins-accepts-worlds-time-trial-defeat.html

girofan

gavintc said:
Listening to this in German is testing my German language to the limit. There is quite a lot of talk about Wiggins, but my German does not stretch to the more technical words.

Wiggins in 20th place - 5 mins down on Cancellara.

Could it be the word in German you couldn't understand was plonker?
He admitted that he unshipped his chain at the bottom of the climb! Was this a technical fault by Sh**mano or operator error by the pilot?
The ultimate 'fault' must lay at the door of British Cycling in not using tried and tested equipment in a race of this magnitude!!!!!! New gear cable assemblies correctly installed do not fail.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
mr-marty-martin said:
he uses a top end chain catcher on his road bike like, woner if he had it on the tt bike

You shouldn't need any chain catchers - with a properly set up system no need - I haven't in 23 years, so what's going on......

or did he not know how to put the chain back on, or did the auto sensing go a bit awol..... once it shifted off.....

Top Bottom