World Championships

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr-marty-martin

nah it happens with the the best drilled in mechs, it just happens, changing with speed for expample, can catch a tooth wrong and bang its off

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
If the chain moved the calliper over...hmm not tight enough.

Sounded like a cock up on all parts - the big hitters should have been spaced out more.

Crap happens......sometimes......

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Shades of Millar unshipping his chain close to the finish of a TDF TT.
It's a costly Fcuk-Up by somebody. KISS-Keep It Simple Stupid! Desperately sad for wiggo though.

claver58

Über Member
The comment that Cancellara is awesome is how I feel. We have seen the best ever TT in the world at his peak. The speed he maintained for an hour was fantastic and he looked so much faster than anyone else. I have it on Sky+ if anyone wants a copy. I have no idea how to transfer Sky+ to DVD but it should be possible. Afraid to delete it for now.

yenrod

I really feel for Wiggins..I can say Ive rode with him (on a chainy - i didnt last long :biggrin: ) and just seeing him you can see the class..the effort, the hard work,..so I'm pissed for him and it was tragic reading cath wiggins tweets - she was in a hell of a state.

I also get this feeling in that i.view he doesnt see larsson as a worthy medalist...I feel this comes down to the UCI..they've messed up many times before and this lap circuit wasnt great due to the lap situation.

Maybe Wiggo should've tried for the TOB :smile:

Still, what he's achieved this year ! is beyond words !!!

rich p said:
I'm trying to remember if there has ever been a whiff of scandal about FC?
Not that I've ever heard. He seems popular with the other riders too, which would (very tenuously) suggest that he's one of the good guys.

He is a complete monster though!

Skip Madness

rich p said:
I'm trying to remember if there has ever been a whiff of scandal about FC?
He used to work with Luigi Cecchini, even after CSC dropped him, as recently as 2006 at least.

There was also this story reported after he won Paris-Roubaix.
Cycling News said:
French newspaper L'Equipe has published further doping allegations concerning the CSC squad, in its Friday, June 30 edition. A plastic bag filled with syringes was reportedly found by a cleaning person in a Parisian underground parking lot on the eve of Spring Classic Paris-Roubaix, on April 8.

The man accidentally pin-pricked himself with one of the needles and lodged a complaint with the police. A witness told investigators that he had seen several people step out of a car labeled with the name of the team's sponsor, that transported and deposited the bag in question.

There are thus about 100 syringes that are currently being analysed by judicial expert lab Toxlab, but the needles are reported to have been meticulously cleaned before being discharged. However, the Paris-based lab is said to have secured one particular molecule, but they haven't been able to identify it yet.
Does anyone remember how that case ended?

There's no hard evidence to nail him with by any means, but the usual modern advice of retaining a healthy skepticism applies.

Skip Madness said:
Does anyone remember how that case ended?
I think your question answers that.

There's no hard evidence to nail him with by any means, but the usual modern advice of retaining a healthy skepticism applies.
Absolutely. There are riders (and teams) that I have more faith in than others, but no-one has the right to expect my absolute, unconditional trust. Sadly.

Isla Valassi

Veteran
Do you think there's any chance of the BBC pulling Rob Hayles off the commentating? I didn't think anyone could be duller than Sean Kelly.

Most memorable comment so far -

"She's taking in a big gulp of air.....that will cost her time" WTF?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Isla Valassi said:
Do you think there's any chance of the BBC pulling Rob Hayles off the commentating? I didn't think anyone could be duller than Sean Kelly.

Most memorable comment so far -

"She's taking in a big gulp of air.....that will cost her time" WTF?

I have to disagrree vehemently; his most memorablee comment so far is that Cancellara would have won the TdF if it hadn't been for the mountains.:blush:

Skip Madness

Skip Madness said:
Women's Road Race:
(1) Tatiana Guderzo (2) Claudia Häusler (3) Marianne Vos
Well two out of three ain't bad. Better than my dismal time-trial predictions were, anyway.

Evelyn Stevens was astonishing, she might have just landed a contract with one of the biggest teams with a ride like that. Hard to believe she has only been riding seriously since a few months ago.

Nice to see Vos come second again. The minute that Noemi Cantele bridges to the front three, the race looked pretty much over as to which team would have the winner.

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Just saw the result - a bit like Ballan in the men's last year, where the 'wrong' Italian wins! Having two in the break was always going to favour not only that team, but also the lesser-favoured rider as the others would be marking the favourite (i.e.: Cantele). Mind you, it always takes a team to beat Vos, a bit like Cooke in the past.

Top Bottom