World Champs 2022 (SPOILERS)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
That's a bit late. Flipping timezones.

Go to bed early, get up early

I didn't even bother checking BBC for live! (Higlights set to record). I'm wathcing Eurosport via tiz-cycling, my poor man's goto for everything except the Grand Tours.

Spoilt little brat! He doesn't treat riders with respect!
Oddly that comment hasn't been mentioned since La Vuelta started!

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Remco train choo choo !

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I didn't even bother checking BBC for live! (Higlights set to record). I'm wathcing Eurosport via tiz-cycling, my poor man's goto for everything except the Grand Tours.

Spoilt little brat! He doesn't treat riders with respect!
Oddly that comment hasn't been mentioned since La Vuelta started!

could be a bit of sour grapes maybe ?

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I've just caught up with that. Well, kind of. I half-watched some of the GCN highlights. Sometimes I don't understand bike racing. WTF was everyone thinking letting that break go containing Remco and some of his little Belgian chums? Were they incapable, or was everyone looking at each other to chase?

Anyway, Chapeau to Remco. He's finally undeniably up there.

Interesting to think what this will mean for Quickstep, especially for the GTs. Will there be room for swashbuckler Loulou and Remco (not to mention Jakobsen). Can't see Alaphilippe wanting a long term role as a loyal domestique.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I've just caught up with that. Well, kind of. I half-watched some of the GCN highlights. Sometimes I don't understand bike racing. WTF was everyone thinking letting that break go containing Remco and some of his little Belgian chums? Were they incapable, or was everyone looking at each other to chase?
Belgium had been open in their pre race interviews that their tactic was to put one of R.Ev and WvA in the main break of the day and have the other wait for the catch. I didn't see the early stages, but if those two were taking turns joining breakaway attempts, I doubt any other team there could stop all escapes from succeeding. I suspect some might have decided that a post-Vuelta/ITT R.Ev was more likely to be caught that a rested WvA.

The biggest surprise is that van Aert "only" got fourth.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
It's strange how Remco crept away but it only takes some indecision in the chase and he's a minute ahead.
Not enough teams are willing to sacrifice riders, no race radio and he's away.
He's proved a few people wrong... including me, this year but he's a worthy winner of the rainbow jersey and at least he'll win while wearing it next year.

Top Bottom