World Champs 2022 (SPOILERS)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Remco deserved the win. He was strongest, and he made the win happen.

The biggest Muppets of the day were The Enckorn Four. After failing to chase Remco down earlier, they got towed upto Silver pos by Motos; and then STILL chose to throw away Silver+Bronze !!!

Reactions: mjr

Adam4868

Guru
Message to every other team....don't let him go ! Has he ever lost from a break ?

GuyBoden

Guru
Chris Boardman was funny with his quip about there's no prizes for staying out there against the wind on your own in no man's land.

When a rider was stuck alone behind the breakaway, but not getting any closer.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
I'm surprised that no one's mentioned the really big news - That Annemiek van Vleuten was fined 200 CHF for crimes against sock length.

She got fined 500 CHF for her skinsuit too (didn't match the rest of the team), and was made to put on a matching short-sleeve jersey over it mid-race.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
MvdP pled guilty, fined AU$1500 (about €1000, or soon about £1500 ;) ) and can't return to Australia for three years, according to https://nos.nl/artikel/2446030-van-der-poel-beboet-voor-hotelincident-in-sydney

Other articles have said that MvdP was staying several floors away from the Dutch team because he had a cold; that the hotel was in the holiday town of Brighton Le Sands, not Wollongong, and some riders including van Dijk and van Vleuten chose to rent their own rooms in town; and that the girls videoed the incident because it was part of some tiktok fad. I've not checked those as closely.

MvdP pled guilty, fined AU$1500 (about €1000, or soon about £1500 ;) ) and can't return to Australia for three years, according to https://nos.nl/artikel/2446030-van-der-poel-beboet-voor-hotelincident-in-sydney

Other articles have said that MvdP was staying several floors away from the Dutch team because he had a cold; that the hotel was in the holiday town of Brighton Le Sands, not Wollongong, and some riders including van Dijk and van Vleuten chose to rent their own rooms in town; and that the girls videoed the incident because it was part of some tiktok fad. I've not checked those as closely.

Strewth! What a crazy way to bin a race. I think he's been ... rather unfortunate there. Has there been a crazier night-before incident leading to a rider withdrawing from a top-tier race??

(I could give more detailed thoughts on this, but it would toboggan straight to NACA issues, faster than a Queensland 'roo ... )

Strewth! What a crazy way to bin a race. I think he's been ... rather unfortunate there. Has there been a crazier night-before incident leading to a rider withdrawing from a top-tier race??

(I could give more detailed thoughts on this, but it would toboggan straight to NACA issues, faster than a Queensland 'roo ... )

Didn't that French boxer/sprinter have something similar to this - albeit not at the Worlds.

Bloody annoying for MVDP - first the ramp at the Olympics and now this.

Adam4868

Guru
Didn't that French boxer/sprinter have something similar to this - albeit not at the Worlds.

Bloody annoying for MVDP - first the ramp at the Olympics and now this.
I hope your not referring to Nacer 🙄 To be fair if it had been someone like him he'd have been hung drawn and quartered by now ! MVDP had been a dick and there's more to the story to the story than first thought...I think he's got of lightly.
He's got out of the Tour down under aswell bonus !

T4tomo

Legendary Member
MVDP had been a dick and there's more to the story to the story than first thought...I think he's got of lightly.

no idea of the details, but the smart thing would have been to speak to Hotel security when it started and let them sort it out. As annoying as someone deliberately trying to stop you sleep would be, losing your rag & pushing them down the stairs like a Met Copper is not the thinking man's way forward.

Top Bottom