World Cup 2010 Most Annoying Person

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vidor06

Long term loafer
So far only one candidate as far as I can tell....

Mark Lawrenson.

Truly horrendous football commentator and pundit. His attempts at humour are always so far off the mark its ridiculous.

Ashtrayhead

Über Member
He can be a bit tiresome, but he came out with one line that made me chuckle during the England/Slovenia match when the camera picked out two supporters dressed up in chainmail etc., and he said ' They're having a nice (k)night!'

It's a very thin line it seems between being annoying and tediously dull, like Mick McCarthy or Chris Coleman.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Ashtrayhead said:
He can be a bit tiresome, but he came out with one line that made me chuckle during the England/Slovenia match when the camera picked out two supporters dressed up in chainmail etc., and he said ' They're having a nice (k)night!'

It's a very thin line it seems between being annoying and tediously dull, like Mick McCarthy or Chris Coleman.
:smile::blush:;) I hadn't picked that up when he said it... just thought it was a rather strange comment to make! :biggrin:

Adrian Chiles and Mick McCarthy.

Lawrenson definitely.

Ashtrayhead said:

Good god I remember how bad that comment was.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Clive Tyldesly, the most irritating twat ever to pick up a microphone.

I like Adrian Chiles, good anchor man who doesn't take the whole thing as life or death.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I'm not too keen on Keegan. He always sounds rather depressed, probably reflecting on his failure as a player in the 82 final and as England manager. Gareth Southgate always sounds like an earnest, young middle-manager, who has just come back from a motivational training course. None of the foreign pundits seem to have much to add, despite being brought in for their different perspectives. Lineaker always seems rather smug and pleased with himself, and has a weak line in puns. I like some of the pundits though. I've always liked Alan Hansen. Roy Hodgson has been good, and I like Lee Dixon. He seems like a jolly decent bloke.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
trustysteed said:
he's an ex-arsenal twat so that statement's incorrect.

That seems a bit harsh. Coming from Bristol, I presume you must be a Bristol City or Bristol Rovers fan. Your team would have hardly ever met Arsenal.

Yellow Fang said:
That seems a bit harsh. Coming from Bristol, I presume you must be a Bristol City or Bristol Rovers fan. Your team would have hardly ever met Arsenal.

i wouldn't classify bristol rovers or bristol city as football teams so you're presumption like your earlier statement is incorrect.

OP
OP
Vidor06

Vidor06

Long term loafer
Yellow Fang said:
Roy Hodgson has been good, and I like Lee Dixon. He seems like a jolly decent bloke.

I totally agree on Roy Hodgson. When the whole BBC panel were saying that they had inside information that Gerrard was going to play behind the front 2 yesterday, he was the only one to disagree and say that he expected Gerrard to start on the left again. Of course he was right and is looking increasingly likely to be the new Liverpool manager which is a hell of a compliment for the man.

Top Bottom