World Cup Draw

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

papercorn2000

:sad:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Yes England have roughly another 3 years to work out some new and imaginitive screw-up so as to not be able to qualify for the world cup. I don't want Harry Rednapp, that would be well like Steve McClaren.

mondobongo

Über Member
I think Croatia are gonna get mullered next time around there are a few wounded who will want revenge on the pitch some tough games ahead but we should be able to top the group.

Fabio Capello is the best choice in my opinion, unless we sack Benitez this week then I want him for Liverpool.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Mourinho is just waiting to be pleaded with. Press conferences would be more interesting than Sven's or the wally with the brolly anyway.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I can't remember which World Cup it was, either '74 or '78 but the Scots went out in the group stage (as usual) and in one of their games they hit the post. They were SERIOUSLY claiming that they got knocked out because the posts were the wrong shape, if they had been round instead if square the ball would have been deflected in rather than back out again.

killiekosmos

Veteran
Smokin Joe said:
I can't remember which World Cup it was, either '74 or '78 but the Scots went out in the group stage (as usual) and in one of their games they hit the post. They were SERIOUSLY claiming that they got knocked out because the posts were the wrong shape, if they had been round instead if square the ball would have been deflected in rather than back out again.

I can't remember - your intro says it all.

If you are really in to 'excuses' read and listen to English media after last week's defeat. Too many foreign players, wrong manager, FA, wet night....

On the bright side we'll not be getting any more jokes about Scottish goalkeepers:smile:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I can't remember which one, but it definately happened. Probably '78 as '74 was a complete debacle for other reasons.

You're right about the goalkeeping jokes though, there was a time when any one of half a dozen English goalkeepers could have stood in and did a reasonable job, now it's a question of which one makes the fewest howlers.

The £827 million spent on Wembley left the sport with no money to develop the young talent and train coaches properly in return for a pitch a Sunday team would turn their noses up at.

walker

the only other team in our group that will cause us problems (other than Croatia) will be Ukraine, but we can wait and see us lose points again the Kzack's

Top Bottom