World Cup Manchester 1st-3rd Nov 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

colly

Re member eR
i love the idea of riding on the track... however, looking down from the top of the banking... oh my! never having ridden a fixie i fear i would just end up in a heap.

You would be fine. :thumbsup:
There is a first time for everyone. I organised a session there a year or so ago, and of the 6 blokes who came over from here 5 of them had never ridden a fixed before and none of them had been on a track. All of them couldn't wait for the next time.
As for looking down from the top of the banking, when you are riding, apart from being too busy to look down it just seems to be natural. All you have to do is keep pedalling and don't stop. ^_^

I'll see you there. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

andrew_s

Legendary Member
Hugh Porter was doing the velodrome commentary - you could hear him in the background. Probably that means he was who you heard on the ucichannel coverage.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Hugh Porter was doing the velodrome commentary - you could hear him in the background. Probably that means he was who you heard on the ucichannel coverage.
If only! I'm in the UK so the UCI Channel's blocked and the BBC hadn't listed it when I'd last looked (I know, why don't we set up a channel but not tell anybody what's on!) so I was sitting here watching Autumnwatch

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
It's on BBC Red button apparently, but no live stream is showing on the website. With the UCI youtube channel blocked in the UK due to the BBC, then for the BBC to not have the steam up, is a complete piss take!

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
It's on BBC Red button apparently, but no live stream is showing on the website. With the UCI youtube channel blocked in the UK due to the BBC, then for the BBC to not have the steam up, is a complete **** take!
It was scheduled to be on the red button. Instead of which, some faceless BBC idiot has decided to show F1 practice. I've submitted an online complaint (having given up on the phone option), saying if they can't be bothered to show the advertised programme, why not surrender rights to ITV4, who at least show cycling when scheduled, not some crap motorsport.

johnnyh

Veteran
what a load of tosh! BBC fail, so installed proxy server app to access the UCI channel... no go, not showing it!

way to promote the sport UCI!

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
It was scheduled to be on the red button. Instead of which, some faceless BBC idiot has decided to show F1 practice. I've submitted an online complaint (having given up on the phone option), saying if they can't be bothered to show the advertised programme, why not surrender rights to ITV4, who at least show cycling when scheduled, not some crap motorsport.

Or just leave the UCI youtube steam alone!

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
what a load of tosh! BBC fail, so installed proxy server app to access the UCI channel... no go, not showing it!

way to promote the sport UCI!
I'm very surprised by that. It seemed to be the rule that they'd have afternoon and evening coverage at World Championship Level. I'm very sorry if my earlier mention of the UCI Channel set you on the wrong track.

Top Bottom