A Train conductor threw a bunch of kids of a moving train while it was moving and kids several of them
He was tried and sentence to Death
For his last meal, he choose a banana.
"Just a banana? You can have anything you want, Lobster, Steak, Caviar - and you just want a banana?"
"Yes, just a banana", he replies. So the executioner gets a banana, lets him eat it, and straps him in. After last rites and final words, the executioner flips the switch and nothing. He unstraps the prisoner and sends him back to his cell while an electrician checks everything. It's all in order.
So, the next day, the executioner says, "Well, under the law, it's the next day so I have to give you another last meal, are you still satisfied with a banana?"
"Yes, a banana will be fine". So he duly hands over a banana, goes through last rites and final words again, and flips the switch. Again, nothing. Unbelievable. So he checks the straps and the electrodes, make sure the prisoner didn't use the banana peel as an insulator or something to prevent being electrocuted, finds nothing so sends him back to his cell.
The next day, he enters the cell again and addresses the prisoner. "Under law, I am obliged to grant you any reasonable request for a last meal, but nothing says I can't inspect the meal carefully to eliminate risk befoee giving it to you. So I took a banana, X-rayed it, peeled it, mashed it and tested it for any unusual chemicals. Nothing! It's just a banana, so here's your bowl of banana."
The prisoner just shrugs, eats and and calmly sits in the chair. Without bothering to wait, the executioner flips the switch. Nothing!
"Unbelievable! There is a very old law from more religious times that says if the state fails to execute a prisoner three times, it's a sign that God considers this a miscarriage of justice, and we must free you to avoid the qrath of Gos. In several centuries, this law has never been used, so I am obliged to free you. But I am dying to know, how did you use the banana to save yourself, even after I went to such lengths to make sure there was nothing hidden in it?"
"Oh. It had nothing to do with the banana - I'm just a bad conductor."