World's worst exponent of....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abitrary

Maverick Goose said:
The entire En-ger-land football team. David Beckham's barnets....his OH for thinking she can sing.Keanu Reeves for thinking he can act.

Bill and Ted... My Own Private Idaho?

Better than johnny depp for example by a country mile

OP
OP
P

Pete

Abitrary said:
The first bit on that portsmouth sinfonia, what is it?

(i bet most people get it wrong)
In case anyone didn't know (or couldn't pick it out in the cacophony) - Also Sprach Zarathustra. I almost like the Portsmouth rendering better than the original! There is a snatch of William Tell (think: Lone Ranger) just after Zarathustra, but you really have to listen to their entire performance of that work. It's a scream! (literally). I heard it many years ago on the radio, but I don't know if it's online anywhere. Read the Wiki article to find out how they came into being and what the criteria for membership were. Alas, long since disbanded (if that's the right word!).

Dave5N

Über Member
Rhythm Thief said:
Portsmouth Sinfonia on Wiki. Dave5N, you're right - Brain Eno was a member.

;) Us Portmuthians, we know stuff.

Abitrary

Pete said:
In case anyone didn't know (or couldn't pick it out in the cacophony) - Also Sprach Zarathustra.

Damn you!!!! I thought that the 2001 space odyssey tune was Jupiter by Holst until about a year ago.

When did you realise it wasn't?

Katie Price and Peter André do a good Ainsley Harriot impression when they sing - useless!

I think the Portsmouth Sinfonia should be 'banned' from this assessment as they were good enough to do what they did deliberately - a bit like Les Dawson when he used to play an awful piano... unlike Tiger Tim for example, who was always trying - not being useless on purpose:tongue:

Tetedelacourse

John Barnes - worst TV Anchorman ever. He tried like a bear too. But he was successful in his first career so does he count?

Neil Kinnock? Worst leader of a Labour Party?

Nicolas Cage - worst actor of all time.

On a similar note to the fat tobogganist, remember that shot putter a few years back who entered the 100m? From Samoa or something? I can't remember why he did it but he had good reason. Hilarious as the camera panned along the line from whippet to whippet and reached that big bruiser at the end.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Pete said:
...anything. My family have just been having a little discussion on the topic of William McGonagall, famously 'Scotland's worst poet', (celebrated for his Tay Bridge Disaster),
As I was reading the Cycle Chat forum
It seemed to me that most people had a certain sense of decorum
Until you strayed into Soapbox land
Where methods of getting a point across could become underhand
And I chanced upon a thread about the delightful Tunnocks Teacake
And one about shirts with a spelling mistake

...(please feel free to continue this modern epic) :ohmy:

Top Bottom