World's worst exponent of....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Abitrary said:
Damn you!!!! I thought that the 2001 space odyssey tune was Jupiter by Holst until about a year ago.

When did you realise it wasn't?

<snob> I've always known </snob>

Pete said:
...anything. My family have just been having a little discussion on the topic of William McGonagall, famously 'Scotland's worst poet', (celebrated for his Tay Bridge Disaster), and my son asked if I could think of any other examples of people famous because they were the worst at anything? Eddie the Eagle springs to mind, but, sticking with the field of the Arts, I said I could recall two, so we had a little browse of YouTube:
Florence Foster Jenkins
Portsmouth Sinfonia
Anyone got any to add to these?

This is a trifle unfair. I've skied with him and he's probably the best technical skier I've been on a ski slope with. However, the opportunities to learn ski jumping for Brits are somewhat limited.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Patrick Stevens said:
This is a trifle unfair. I've skied with him and he's probably the best technical skier I've been on a ski slope with. However, the opportunities to learn ski jumping for Brits are somewhat limited.

He's the best ski jumper this country has ever produced, I believe. And couldn't get sponsorship until he started marketing himself as a bit of a joke.
Which is more of a bad reflection on UK sport than it is on him.

McGonagall is in a class of his own. He was absolutely sincere in his poetry, and thought it was good verse. He didn't understand that people were mocking him. Famously, he called himself William "Topaz" McGonagall after a bunch of students pretended to be Indian Maharajahs and presented him with a topaz. He just didn't get it. That's why attempts to parody him never succeed - they are too knowing.

Portsmouth Sin KNOW that they are rubbish, and that's where the analogy fails.

OP
OP
P

Pete

Patrick Stevens said:
Eddie the Eagle springs to mind
This is a trifle unfair.
All right then. I only said 'springs to mind'. I stand corrected.

Tetedelacourse said:
Neil Kinnock? Worst leader of a Labour Party?
Now that, I think, is a trifle unfair. Where's the Bliar in all this? Anyway Kinnock may have had his faults but he got where he ended up mainly because of the Mudrock...

Abitrary

Tetedelacourse said:
Nicolas Cage - worst actor of all time.

More like one of the best actors of all time. He just doesn't translate to the blockbusters properly, which people shouldn't be watching anyway.

See jashburnham's post above Dave...Eric the Eel. I thought it was the last Olympics too, but it was 2000 apparently:wacko: - or maybe that's when he started his swim...

Philip Boit gets a mention in this Wiki too...Kenyan Nordic skiier :biggrin:

Top Bottom