Worlklife Balance and all that, check it here.

How many questions did you answer with an affirmative?

• 40-50

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 30-40

• 20-30

• 0-20

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Money

1 I pay my bills on time and consistently save 10 per cent of my income.

2 All my tax returns have been submitted and any tax owing has been paid. There are no legal clouds hanging over me.

3 I have adequate medical insurance and rarely miss work because of illness.

4 I am on a professional career track that is financially and personally rewarding.

5 My source of income is stable and predictable, and I live well within my means.

6 My will is up to date, and I know how much I am worth financially.

7 My financial situation doesn’t keep me awake at night, and I have a financial plan for the next three to five years.

8 My personal assets are all adequately insured.

9 I have a sum equivalent to at least six months’ living expenses set aside in a savings account.

10 I am in a relationship with others who can help with my career/professional development.

Wellbeing

1 I walk or exercise at least three times a week.

2 I have had a complete physical examination in the past two years, including vision and hearing.

3 I have a rewarding life beyond my professional responsibilities.

4 I do not use illegal drugs or tobacco, or misuse prescription medication.

5 I regularly take evenings and weekends off, and take at least three weeks’ holiday

6 My blood pressure and cholesterol count are normal and my weight is in the ideal range.

7 I brush and floss my teeth daily and have been to the dentist in the past six months.

8 I rarely watch more than five hours of television a week.

9 I drink caffeine and/or alcohol moderately and don’t rely on adrenaline to “get the job done”.

10 I have something to look forward to virtually every day.

Relationships

1 I don’t gossip or talk negatively about others, and I don’t take personally what others say about me.

2 I have a circle of friends/family who love and appreciate me for who I am, not just for what I do.

3 There is no one I would dread meeting or feel uncomfortable encountering at a party, an airport terminal or on the street.

4 I have a best friend or soulmate with whom I can share confidences and intimate thoughts, and I regularly tell my parents, siblings, children and spouse/significant other that I love them.

5 I almost always put people first and results second.

6 I am a person of my word. Others can count on me to mean what I say.

7 Rather than complaining, I make requests of others so they know how they can help me.

8 I get along well with my coworkers, clients and staff.

9 I return telephone calls and e-mails within 24 hours.

10 I do not inappropriately express anger or rage towards others.

Physical environment

1 My personal files, papers and receipts are filed away neatly.

2 My car is in excellent condition. It does not need any mechanical work or repairs, cleaning or replacing.

3 My clothes are clean, pressed, well-fitting, and make me look great.

4 I live in a house/flat that I love in the area of my choice.

5 My plants and animals are healthy and have everything they need to thrive.

6 I surround myself with beautiful things, appropriate to my income level, without being ostentatious, superficial or flashy.

7 I practise recycling.

8 My work environment is inspiring and productive.

9 My home is neat and clean (beds made, carpets vacuumed, cupboards clean).

10 I do not injure myself, fall, or bump into things.

Spirituality

1 I have a regular “quiet time” of prayer, meditation or reflection.

2 I have regular sessions with a spiritual director, mentor or coach.

3 I am connected to and in conversation with my circle of close friends.

4 I do not use profane or obscene language to express myself to others.

5 I feel that I am loved by God/my higher power unconditionally.

6 I regularly give time, gifts and financial resources to help others.

7 I feel personal accountability for the stewardship/care of Nature, plants and animals.

8 I often experience a sense of “awe” and/or “mystery” about life.

9 I do not harbour any unresolved resentment, animosity or ill-will toward others.

10 I believe that I am a person of infinite worth and affirm others as being of infinite worth.

What your score means (One point for each question that you can answer in the affirmative)

40-50 Mastering work/life balance
30-40 Good work/life balance
20-30 Average score
0-20 Below average

Score 40-50: You have made the decision to have a personal as well as a professional life. Now you may want to choose an area on which to focus that will continue your personal growth.

Score 30-40: A good work/life balance puts you above average. Now, in what areas do you want to raise the bar and create the life that you really want?

Score 20-30: An average score indicates that you are probably experiencing the same amount of stress as your peers. You may want to hire a coach to help you to eliminate stresses.

Score 0-20: A below-average score means that you need to take a new look at your life and make a commitment to change and personal growth. Based on material from coachinc.com

Go on then what condition is your condition in????

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I can't be ars8d to do it properly. Only smug gits who already know the outcome would IMHO;)

I can however admit that I failed miserably all the spirituality questions:evil:

pzycoman

You realise alot of those questions have nothing todo with each other part? Like:

"3 I have adequate medical insurance and rarely miss work because of illness."

Having medical insurance will not make you immune to illness

"1 I have a regular “quiet time” of prayer, meditation or reflection. "

What if your prayer isnt quiet time?

"6 My will is up to date, and I know how much I am worth financially. "

My will is upto date, but I have no idea how much im worth. Do i answer it as yes or no? (My will says everything goes to charity - I dont need to know how much im worth for it to goto charity)

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
There's some moderately meaningful things in there, but lot of the questions are a biased load of cock, and might as well be 'how conventional are you?' 'how middle-class are you?' or 'how much of a credulous fool are you?'

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
However, I know someone 9not me) who gets paid a fortune for dishing out this meaningless twaddle to companies wanting to be seen to develop their staff. So one month it's crap like this (an afternoon, hire a conference room, get someone in to spout a load of guff), next month it's paintballing, etc etc.
My rule: at work, I concentrate on work and do it well (apaprt from posting on here, of course :blush:). When I leave the building, that's my time and family time. Work doesn't get a look-in!

Flying_Monkey said:
There's some moderately meaningful things in there, but lot of the questions are a biased load of cock, and might as well be 'how conventional are you?' 'how middle-class are you?' or 'how much of a credulous fool are you?'

I agree. This is a good one:

"I surround myself with beautiful things, appropriate to my income level, without being ostentatious, superficial or flashy. "

The next one ought to be:

"I'm smug and self satisfied."

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Actually, I've just realised what all this is - it's basically the New Age going mainstream: personal trainers, homeopathic 'hospitals', life coaches and all that self-indulgent egotistical consumerist guff masquerading as profundity...

Chris James

Über Member
Flying_Monkey said:
There's some moderately meaningful things in there, but lot of the questions are a biased load of cock,'

Precisely.

I got 30 by the way. The test and scoring is so poorly written that I actually fit into two groups. The final section is particularly crap, basically the questions assume that you need to have some sort of life coaching and if you aren't getting 'enough' then you should contact the quiz writers to be fleeced.

OP
OP
S

starseven

This is copy and pasted from todays Times suppliment. A Jackie,esque distraction from the days more serious events.

Not intended to replace anyones religion or an indication of my own.

Top Bottom