Worrying times ahead.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Best wishes to all @gavroche . You cannot help but worry BUT MrsD had the same issue some years ago and has been clear for some years.
It didn't stop me crying when it happened though so don't be frightened of having a good skrike together if you feel like it.

Globalti

Legendary Member
This kind of cancer has received a lot of research and I'm sure the treatments are well proven.

LJR69

Awful news and of course very worrying time for you all. I wish her, and you, all the best and take some solace in the fact that breast cancer nowadays is highly treatable and has a very high success rate for being cured.

postman

Legendary Member
Best wishes from here also.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I can highly recommend this book by Trisha Greenhalgh. She is an experienced GP who had breast cancer and she wrote this book with in conjunction with a Breast Cancer Surgeon (who also had breast Cancer).

The Complete Guide to Breast Cancer: How to Feel Empowered and Take Control: Amazon.co.uk: Greenhalgh, Professor Trisha, O’Riordan, Dr Liz: 9781785041877: Books

It explains the process in plain English, with an extensive index so that you can look for answers to your questions, without starting with paragraph one.

The other advice I was given was to avoid looking up anything on the Internet, except for the website Breast Cancer Care.

D

Deleted member 1258

My best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

Kryton521

Über Member
My Sister was diagnosed with breast cancer last year. Horrible, horrible feeling. Shockwaves are like a tidal wave in a puddle.
I wish you and your family the very best and hope all goes well.

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
When is it going to end? We drove down to our daughter yesterday and at 2 o' clock this morning, I could feel that my wife was very unsettled. She was sitting up in bed, complaining that her neck was hurting and then a sudden pain in her left arm. We phoned an ambulance and they took her to Barnstaple hospital where she still is now suspected of a mild heart attack. She had blood tests done and we are waiting for the results so they can decide what to do next. Because of Covid, I can't even be with her and we have to wait here. Luckily she has her phone and we can speak to each other. She is in good spirit though and I am hoping she will come back later on today.
I must say our daughter is stronger than me as she has been wonderful throughout it all.
What a s**t year this is turning out to be.

Top Bottom