Worrying times ahead.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rocky

Hello decadence
@gavroche - just catching up on this thread. I'm sorry that you and your family have been through so much in the last couple of months. I hope all goes well. Here's wishing you a safe and healthy Christmas and 2021.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Fingers crossed for today, best wishes to all.

D

Deleted member 1258

Really sorry to hear all this, must be terribly worrying for you.
Firstly, great news about Mrs g, all the best people have stents ;-). It’s a miraculous treatment, one minute you’re at deaths door, half an hour later stented you’re more alive than you can imagine!

Hope all goes well for your daughter tomorrow. The NHS are amazing....

Yes, I've got 5 stents in, they're amazing.

D

Deleted member 1258

I am really pleased to say that my wife is now back home. One artery was 99% blocked so she is lucky to be alive. She had a stents fitted to clear it and keep the artery open. I must say, the staff , nurses and consultants in both hospitals, Barnstaple and Exeter were fantastic very caring, attentive, and very professional. The NHS is really exceptional when dealing with emergency cases so let's hope it will stay that way.

My best wishes for a speedy recovery for both your Wife and Daughter.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
@gavroche How are your wife & daughter doing now?

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Thank you for asking @annedonnelly . My wife is doing well although she was a bit worried last night because her feet were a bit swollen.
As for my daughter, she is having an appointment at the hospital next wednesday to see the consultant. He will tell her then how many radio therapy she will need and if they got it all out, so fingers crossed.

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Our daughter went back to Exeter hospital today for a chat with the consultant regarding the results of her test after the operation. I am afraid the news is not very good: she needs another op as doctors are not happy with the results, They found two other sources in the breast that they want to remove , to be on the safe side, and then a course of radio therapy.
My wife is staying in Devon to support her and I am staying in Wales for the time being as I am needed to baby sit for another daughter who might lose her job otherwise due to primary schools being closed and no one to look after her 8 year old son.
So, 2021 is not starting very well so far but I like to think it will get better.

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Great news from our daughter today. SHE IS CLEAR OF CANCER. She had the all clear from Exeter hospital today but she still needs to go there next Friday to discuss radio therapy but that's only a safety option. The main thing is that the f*****g cancer has gone. Now she can get on with her life and concentrate on the house move.
Just thought I would let you know as I feel like telling the whole world about it.

Top Bottom