worship music.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
i love modern worship music and yesterday while trying to find the match between Billy Joel's song and a worship song i found a lovely singer Lauren Diagle in some songs she sounds like Adele she is wonderful.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Some worship music can be very good but I do find the devil has the best tunes. :smile:

Last edited:

AndyRM

XOXO
I inadvertently picked up a CD by a Christian metal band the other day, who are called Symphony in Peril. Not had a chance to listen to it yet, but reading the lyrics they're not overly "Praise be" so might be worth a listen.

P.O.D. are pretty good too.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
i love modern worship music and yesterday while trying to find the match between Billy Joel's song and a worship song i found a lovely singer Lauren Diagle in some songs she sounds like Adele she is wonderful.

I do occasionally listen to church hymns because they remind me of my Gran. Harry Secombe's version of Abide with me is one of my favourites

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Hidergard of Bingen did some pretty good religious music. Apart from her day job as a senior abbess & area manager of a string of convents, she was also a noted herbalist and supposedly invented beer as we now know it by adding hops to the recipe. Now better known for her side hustle of writing music for her nuns to sing. Still being played nearly 1000 years later.

View: https://youtu.be/G8MGiPo5IxU?feature=shared

Last edited:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Some worship music can be very good but I do find the devil has the best tunes. :smile:

I have sympathy for him....

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I love sacred music - the old fashioned kind rather than most modern 'jeezus' music...though I make an exception for Gospel music which is fabulous. Hymns, psalms, plainsong, oratorios, Organ music etc.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I'd struggle to categorise Gospel music as "modern". (unless you are a geologist ... ;-) )

I'd say "early music" is pre 1600 though some would allow the 17th century too. My example upthread was 11th century

Modern music starts maybe with the Rite of Spring from 1913 or perhaps Schoenberg's Pierrot Lunaire from a year earlier

Top Bottom