Worst band name ever?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris S

Legendary Member
I can't remember their name now but a fairly famous band started off using the name 'Cancelled'.
They changed it because hardly anybody turned up to their gigs, they'd see the name on the poster and think the gig had been cancelled.
It's like something out of Spinal Tapp!

Throbbing Gristle

Julia9054

Guru
As biology students, we were going to call our (fictional) band Mucor and the Pinheads. (It's a type of mould!)
My son's band at school was called For Cuba. (Say it fast)

Chris S

Legendary Member
Steve Strange and Chrissie Hynde started-off in a punk band called 'The Moors Murderers'. Steve Strange got beaten-up on Oxford Street and abandoned the project before the first single was released. If the acetate is still out there it must be worth a fortune.

screenman

Legendary Member
The Band from County Hell, maybe they are not so keen on Lincolnshire.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Five Seconds of Summer is a pretty dire name. I expect their music reflects this.

I once did a load of flyers for a local band called Carrot on the Floor. There was another band around the same time called Godburger... which always made me smile, as did Baby Judas.

RadMac on 6music did a worst band names thing a few years ago. I recall they settled on Wang Chun being thee worst.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Spooky Tooth.
Late 60's prog rock band.

One of the chaps in it ended up driving a forklift for Waitrose in Milton Keynes..

Top Bottom