Worst Comedy series ever

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Some of the progs nominated on the best comedies were IMO pretty dire, so perhaps it would be interesting to see what people think was unfunny. My nominations (INPO):

Vicar of Dibley
Harry Hill
Little Britain
Friends
That one where Robert Lindsay plays a dentist.
Butterflys (was that really meant to be a comedy?)

Rob S

My Family
The one on BBC with Lee Mack

Renard

Two point four children
Terry and June
My Family
Friends
To the manor born

and many others...

...are totally shoot :biggrin:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
My Family.
Terry and June.
George and Mildred (IIRC. The spin off from...)
Man about the House
Love thy Neighbor (going back a bit that one)

Utterly, utterly dire. Especially that last one - what were they thinking?

'OK, there's this white bloke, see, and a black bloke moves in next door. That'll be a scream, won't it?'

Erm, no. It won't.

SamNichols

That's a lie about American Sitcoms: Frasier, Arrested Development, Seinfeld and Curb your enthusiasm are very funny indeed.

Vicar of Dibley also wasn't so bad that it was one of the worst comedy series ever. 2 Pints of Lager is horrible crude and unfunny.

Smeggers

SamNichols said:
That's a lie about American Sitcoms: Frasier, Arrested Development, Seinfeld and Curb your enthusiasm are very funny indeed.

All pants Im afraid.

One exception though, The Simpsons.

walker

SamNichols said:

Vicar of Dibley also wasn't so bad that it was one of the worst comedy series ever. 2 Pints of Lager is horrible crude and unfunny.

Errrr.......

NO

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
Good God people - buck your ideas up !!!

On the Buses !!! must be the worst programme ever on television, never mind in the comedy genre !

OP
OP
Andy in Sig

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
SamNichols said:

There's a characteristic of US comedy which IMO renders it pretty unwatchable, Friends being a good example. The actors make a sort of pause and pull a "this is me telling a gag" face when telling a gag. In other words all the humour is stilted and artificial and rarely funny in any event.

The only exceptions I can think of are Boston Legal, which is that rarest of things: intelligent, clever comedy drama from the USA. M.A.S.H and probably The Simpsons deserve honourable mentions.

Cee Jay

Andy in Sig said:
There's a characteristic of US comedy which IMO renders it pretty unwatchable, Friends being a good example. The actors make a sort of pause and pull a "this is me telling a gag" face when telling a gag. In other words all the humour is stilted and artificial and rarely funny in any event.

Very well put! It's good to see 'Friends' getting a kicking; I thought I was the only person alive who found it a self-satisfied, smug, shallow sack of ar*e.

Carwash

Señor Member
SamNichols said:

Seconded on both counts.

Top Bottom