Worst cycle lanes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Lovely case of plagiarism, there. Yes, I know these so-called bicycle lanes are pathetic and amusing, but this site is just copying these images from others, and some of these images have been around for a while...

OP
OP
luckyfox

luckyfox

She's the cats pajamas
I've never seen these before.

Plagiarism? Had they been hand drawn images or a word for word article maybe i could see your point.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Lovely case of plagiarism, there. Yes, I know these so-called bicycle lanes are pathetic and amusing, but this site is just copying these images from others, and some of these images have been around for a while...

I'll remember that the next time someone just 'copies' an image or news from another site and posts it here... bloody cyclists, plagiarists the lot of 'em! :cursing:

I guess my blog is pure plagiarism too :sad:

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Sorry, people, I wasn't trying to be rude :sad:. I tagged the OP with a like, because I like the photos, it's just that I've seen a lot of them before.

Sharky

Guru
Here's an scenario that's annoyed me. The first is the "before " , showing a good safe cycle path on the inside as well as calming the traffic.

The second after they have done some "improvements". The cycle route is now full of loose gravel and lots of big rocks to catch a cyclist. The alternative is now to ride in the middle of the road, putting your self in danger from both on coming cars and fast cars from behind.

Cheers keith

image.jpg
image.jpg

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Here's an scenario that's annoyed me. The first is the "before " , showing a good safe cycle path on the inside as well as calming the traffic.

The second after they have done some "improvements". The cycle route is now full of loose gravel and lots of big rocks to catch a cyclist. The alternative is now to ride in the middle of the road, putting your self in danger from both on coming cars and fast cars from behind.

Cheers keith

View attachment 59832 View attachment 59834

The before pic looks pretty bad too to me. Way too narrow and if it's anything like such things hereabouts, it would be covered in all sorts of debris and cr@p. I always ignore these wretched things and just use the road. This one's on one of my commuting routes- we're expected to ride to the left of the traffic calming here- completely useless.

traffic calming at Fern Britton.jpg

MontyVeda

Cheers keith

View attachment 59832 View attachment 59834
neither of those photos seem to show a cycle route to me... are you sure it's not just a chicane?

Sharky

Guru
neither of those photos seem to show a cycle route to me... are you sure it's not just a chicane?
Often used to take the cycle route, when I could hear cars approaching from behind. It was narrow and became overgrown recently before they landscaped it, but definitely a pathway. Maybe they didn't class it as a cycle path and always expected cyclists to ride in the middle of the road!

Keith

MontyVeda

Often used to take the cycle route, when I could hear cars approaching from behind. It was narrow and became overgrown recently before they landscaped it, but definitely a pathway. Maybe they didn't class it as a cycle path and always expected cyclists to ride in the middle of the road!

Keith

That's exactly what I'd do on that road... before and after the supposed improvements.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
To be fair to Salford Council they have recognised that this is a problem and are going to fix it. Hooray.

Unfortunately the solution is just to move the blocks to the other side of the painted line. Which is less bad, but not really hooray-worthy.

Top Bottom