Worst fall out of the pedals ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lee gg

Having fell over the 1st time onto grass, no one around no injury I laughed and got back on. 2nd time in a grave yard (visiting) just forgot to unclip hoping no one saw I turned around and some poor bugger was being sent down. They all burst out laughing 20+ people, I hope it was at me.

Woodn88s

Regular
many many yrs ago I was riding my stingray with banana seat and high handle bars (this will date me :-) to my little league baseball game, my rubber spikes hanging from my handle bars,I proceded to fly down a long steep hill. my spikes lodged in the front spokes and flipped me head over tin cups. destroyed the front wheel, mangled my knees, and palms of my hands, elbows, you name it......I'm 62 now so that would be 50 yrs ago.........live and learn

RegG

Über Member
Stopping to go through side gate at a cattle grid (main gate closed) unclipped left foot but tried to put right foot down.... Just missed a cow pat and woman with child in pushchair had a good giggle!!

simongt

Guru
At a pitstop on a ' 100 ' a few years ago, was taking a break when a manny arrived on a fancy road bike. He slowed down and then for no reason apparent to the many admiring onlookers appeared to be executing a perfect trackstand. Suddenly, bike + rider fell sideways with a thud onto the gravel surface, with the exlpetive from rider ' **kin' clipless pedals - ! ':laugh:

Tiny01

Darren on Bkool
Ha ha nice one Lee , sure that you put a smile on the faces of the others might well of just of been what they needed so I say good timing !

Had my cleats fitted today & new pedals purchased :smile:

adamangler

Veteran
unclipped at junction with left foot, bike went to the right, i knew the inevitable and just said "for farks sake" and allowed myself to fall to the right underneath the transit van next to me, 3 young lads sat in it pissing themselves, fark off i said, that made them laugh more and made me say more farks

vickster

Legendary Member
Ha ha nice one Lee , sure that you put a smile on the faces of the others might well of just of been what they needed so I say good timing !

Had my cleats fitted today & new pedals purchased :smile:
For a while, after each ride check the bolts are properly tight!

Only once. New shoes...I'd lost a cleat bolt and couldn't unclip!
This happened to me when I first got SPDs..... I stopped at some temporary trafffic lights and went to unclip but the bolts were very loose so I went splat down on top of the 'when red light shows wait here' sign which made a loud bang as I flattened it against the road. And there was scaffolding full of builders working on the roof nearby with a prime view of all of it.....

Stockie

Ticking the boxes
My funniest was coming down hill fron hardwick hall. At bottom I needed to go through a gate but as a couple of walkers were about to come oppersite way I decided to wait and lean against a convienient metal fence around a house. However fence was not connected to anything and I did a brilliant Del Boy impression when he fell through the open bar.

What made it worst was there's me lying on floor waiting for this couple to pop over to help and all I could hear was the buggers laughing there heads off.

Just wish they had filmed it as it would have gone viral lol.

Top Bottom