Worst film

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Bory Lyndon was the most, er, boring film I ever saw though nowadys I might watch it again and appreciate the costumes and scenery, as it is now being cited as one of the most authentic films about 1700s England ever.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Ridley Scott's The Counsellor. Or perhaps it should be Cormac MacCarthy's The Counsellor, as the main problem with it is that he should never have been let near the screenplay.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Oy. Dont diss the Boyle.

Everything he's done is brilliant. Fact.
Except Sunshine^_^. Everyone is entitled to have a bad 'un. Wasn't really his fault - rubbish script. A bit like Trek's Frakes directing Thunderbirds movie. Absolut cr*p due to rubbish script. It's all about the story...

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
I thought that Sunshine was excellent, up until the last half hour. It's clear that nobody involved had any idea how to end the movie and instead they just gave up and decided it was going to be another Alien. So, in that sense, I agree that it was one of the most disappointing films I've seen.
To expand a bit on my reasons for suggesting it's rubbish:
1. All the uranium/plutonium in the world would not re-ignite anything on the Sun. It's a bit like trying to set the Pacific ocean on fire by dropping a smouldering fag end into it.
2. The grunge look of the ship - Alien??
3. The Holographic room - Star Trek: The Next Generation anyone?.
4. How did the captain of the first ship survive 7 years with 100% burns?.
5. The scene where they blew themselves over from one ship to the other - Dave Bowman did the same in 2001. Rip-off!
6. The 'bomb' plopping onto the surface of the Sun at the end. The Sun is a giant ball of superheated gaseous plasma - it has no real 'surface'. Plus the bomb would have burnt up in the corona.
7. While waiting for the bomb to go off, the scientist has a religious 'epiphany' moment and caresses the wall of plasma. Whaaat?. He'd be vapourised in like, 0.1 seconds.

Okay, it's just SF but should at least have some sense of internal logic and vaguely correct science. Sunshine has neither.

Top Bottom