Worst film

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

MichaelW2

Guru
Noah with Russell Crowe. What a load of absolute crap. I was praying that they would all drown.
Closely followed by 2012.

Have you got something against watery epics. I suppose you hated Kevin Costner in Waterworld as well; some people have no taste.
Please say you like The Posidon Adventure (Shelly Winters version)

Lisat

Have you got something against watery epics. I suppose you hated Kevin Costner in Waterworld as well; some people have no taste.
Please say you like The Posidon Adventure (Shelly Winters version)

I liked Waterworld but I did see it dubbed into Turkish so I was just watching the pictures go by.
Poseidon Adventure is a great film.
Noah was utter drivel.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Rita, Sue and Bob too.
Bloody awful film

The old drunk guy makes me laugh when ever I see it.

I saw it whwn it came out... that was enough, though I sometimes wonder if I missed the point of it, as I know peeps who tell me it's good :-)

Don't get me wrong, it is an awful movie - apart from that old guy. Just makes me chuckle.

It was documentary style accurate to be fair. Our patch used to neighbour Holmewood, and we had plenty of estates that were very similar. I think that unless you had met every character, and I mean every one, in real life, you couldn't relate to the film, still less "get" the point of it. I loved it for it's tongue in cheek irony that actually mirrored the pathos of 1980s Bradford.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
It was documentary style accurate to be fair. Our patch used to neighbour Holmewood, and we had plenty of estates that were very similar. I think that unless you had met every character, and I mean every one, in real life, you couldn't relate to the film, still less "get" the point of it. I loved it for it's tongue in cheek irony that actually mirrored the pathos of 1980s Bradford.

Ah thought it were greeeeeat! :laugh:

stephec

Legendary Member
I saw it whwn it came out... that was enough, though I sometimes wonder if I missed the point of it, as I know peeps who tell me it's good :-)
It's a long time since I've seen it, and I might not be able to quote this word for word, but this one exchange made me pee my sides when I heard it -

"Is that all she's getting!"

"What do you mean, I thought I was bloody marvelous?"

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
On topic and short...

The Mummy. ****ing dreadful. Makes an episode of The Teletubbies look like Kurosawa.

andyfraser

Über Member
I see I've missed the Lynch mob...

Though I'm now confused as to which thread I'm in; best or worst films. David Lynch does that to you!

As much as I like Lynch (so wouldn't put this movies in my worst list), I find them at times wilfully perverse so can't put them in my favourite list either. Straight Story was sweet though, almost a little too so.

Mulholland Drive is probably my fave because it is the most accessible/watchable without too many of those wtf moments. And has one 'oh my my' scene! ;)
Lynch's films feel naturally surreal. I'm also a fan of his art and photography. He's genuinely surreal so even when there's a wtf moment it feels like it's still part of the film's world and not just there to be weird.

A lot of other supposedly surreal film makers just seem to put weird stuff in for the sake of it.

alicat

Legendary Member
Rita, Sue and Bob too.
Bloody awful film

Too right. Only keeping it on my DVD shelf so I'm not tempted to get another copy.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Sunshine
God-awful sci fi mess, directed by some bloke who did the 2012 Olympics opening ceremony. Rubbish movie that ripped off Alien, 2001 and had more silly science in it than Dr Who & Star Trek put together. Still can't figure out why it suddenly turned into a teen slasher flick part way through with some guy who'd apparently got 100% burns. I very nearly walked out of the cinema over it.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Sunshine
God-awful sci fi mess, directed by some bloke who did the 2012 Olympics opening ceremony. Rubbish movie that ripped off Alien, 2001 and had more silly science in it than Dr Who & Star Trek put together. Still can't figure out why it suddenly turned into a teen slasher flick part way through with some guy who'd apparently got 100% burns. I very nearly walked out of the cinema over it.

I thought that Sunshine was excellent, up until the last half hour. It's clear that nobody involved had any idea how to end the movie and instead they just gave up and decided it was going to be another Alien. So, in that sense, I agree that it was one of the most disappointing films I've seen.

Top Bottom