Worst "off" for a while.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spindrift

Worst off for a while this morning. less than half an hour ago, I'm approaching a green light, ped on a mobile is walking across oblivious, staring straight ahead, I ping, no reaction, front wheel locks and I'm straight over the bars. Road rash on elbow and shoulder and a badly bashed rib, two geezers helped me up.

The lady went:

Ooooh!

into her mobile and carried on as I lay winded.

I'm very sore.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Commiserations spindrift.

Get the lady to split the £250 with you if they show her phone vid on You've Been Framed.

OP
OP
S

spindrift

I'm trying to take a photo of the huge graze on me shoulder. My rib is really hurty, you when you can't cough or sneeze? The company nurse isn't in today so I'll just take some parrotseatemall.

'S OK, skin scrapes heal, bruises fade, pain fades ... on the other hand ... paint and parts damage have to be 'seen to' (and paid for £££:wacko:). You need to get back on a bike as soon as possible (ignore the pain - it's character building anyway:evil:) and go somewhere nice and quiet and ... practice your braking technique :smile:. Hope you don't hurt too much and get better soon :biggrin:.
PS
Hope the bike's OK.

OP
OP
S

spindrift

Bike's fine, a kind chap handed me the light that came off and the Airzound came of the bracket, easily fixed.

You are a bloody smashing bunch of great lads.

walker

for a second it sounded just like some bloke at borough Market this morning, then noticed the time of your post and it was about 15 minutes afterwards

Nasty! The mobile lady should, at the very least, have stopped to check that you were ok.

Unfortunately there is no fine for walking whilst using a mobile phone.....:wacko:;)

I hope the wounds heal quickly.

OP
OP
S

spindrift

walker said:
for a second it sounded just like some bloke at borough Market this morning, then noticed the time of your post and it was about 15 minutes afterwards

I was the one in the white T shirt and black jeans, lying in the road!

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Had some guy in a suit on a phone try and walk out infront of me the other day. In town, turning left in the left lane, he looked at me and just went to walk across. He got a loud 'oooiiiiii' and stopped where he was and looked at me.
Had a women cross the top of my road without looking. I had just come off a main road where cars often shoot down the road. I saw here and slowed down. When i turned in i said 'hello, you know you should look first' and she just gave me an evil look. She was lucky, i normally go round that courner doing at least 20mph.
Bad luck you came off. I wouldnt be too happy if i came off because of a ped'.

Wolf04

Amazingly I've just had the opposite happen to me. Walking between buildings on campus crossed at a zebra crossing, little green man and everything, cars stop but a prat on a bike decides to change direction overtake the cars and RLJ, missing me by inches. I think he is now fully aware of my opinion on RLJing!!

Top Bottom