Worst "off" for a while.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Unlucky Spindrift, here's a virtual hot cuppa and ginger nut. The mobile phone tosser should consider herself lucky that you weren't on a recumbent. She'd have had a chainsawed leg instead.

walker

spindrift said:
I was the one in the white T shirt and black jeans, lying in the road!

was it you spinners? What happened? I was waiting for the lights to change and heard a clunk on the other side of the road and a cyclist down, you/he was up before I even noticed what had happened otherwise I would of been over there,

slightly older fella, glasses I think

LLB

Bad luck old chap. Commuting isn't supposed to be a contact sport you know. Anyway if you'd have run her over, she would have learned her lesson and not done it again, but as it is she didn't but you did :biggrin:

I can lend you some grease for your brakes if you want to educate some more peds next time they step out in front of you (only kidding)

OP
OP
S

spindrift

walker said:
was it you spinners? What happened? I was waiting for the lights to change and heard a clunk on the other side of the road and a cyclist down, you/he was up before I even noticed what had happened otherwise I would of been over there,

slightly older fella, glasses I think

I had sunglasses on, short fair hair. The woman was doing that staring-straight-ahead thing, the light was green for me. I wasn't even going that fast, but the bit I remember is her face going:

Ooooohhh!

then she walked off without a backward glance. I couldn't speak too well cos I was winded as I lay there, scrabbling to get unclipped. My rib flipping hurts now.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Galling stuff that Spinners. And yet think of how much she'd have kicked off had you hit her instead! Long hot bath for you tonight.
There is no justice, only 'just is'.

BM, I've often wondered what my trike's spinning and un-guarded rings could do to a stupid ped's shins!:biggrin::smile:

OP
OP
S

spindrift

tdr1nka said:
Galling stuff that Spinners. And yet think of how much she'd have kicked off had you hit her instead! Long hot bath for you tonight.

BM, I've often wondered what my trike's spinning and un-guarded rings could do to a stupid ped's shins!:biggrin::smile:

I know, the flipping irony is that had I hit her I wouldn't be so hurty now!

She might learn to look where the flipping flip she's going , too.

jassy-x

....slightly different situation...but on the mobile phone theme....while I was driving yesterday on a section of dual carriageway....I all of a sudden noticed out off the side of my eye a dotty female driver going in the same direction as me....ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE CARRAIGEWAY!!!!!!...it was just like that scene from the movie Plane's Train's & Automobiles, if you know it....she didn't even seem to take much notice of all the oncoming swerving, light flashing, horn blasting vehicles, because....you guessed it...SHE WAS ON THE PHONE!!!!!!.....has got to be the worst example of crazy negligent driving I have ever seen....wasn't until she came to a RAB that she realised what she had done...luckily there was no collisions....still not quite sure how she managed to do it, but I just had to share that wee story with you all....and all road users in the Paisley/Linwood area...please beware!!!!!!...
......BTW spindrift...hope you get over your wee scrape and get back on that saddle.....

tdr1nka said:

BM, I've often wondered what my trike's spinning and un-guarded rings could do to a stupid ped's shins!:smile::biggrin:

I find they instill a lot of fear, by the way you can puncture a car door with the big ring but it breaks it, but that's another story for another day. :biggrin:

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I almost ran into a teenage charver coming at full pelt down the coast through Cullercoats the other day. She seemed to think it was very funny, but she was only saved from serious injury by my improvised back-wheel locking controlled skidding skills...

Cab

Last time I hid a ped was rather similar. Two groups of peds, narrow one way street, I'm not going very fast. If memory serves, four peds stepped off right kerb, two from the left, neither group turning to look towards the direction of traffic, one ped on left side on mobile phone, one on right on mobile phone... More a matter of choosing which ped to hit than trying to avoid them allmBroke hard, front wheel locked up, back of bike came up as I went forward and hit softest looking target... Neither of us went down, but she was in tears and (to their credit) she and her boyfriend very apologetic.

Sometimes, even if you're looking out for other people stepping off the pavement, there may be a combination of events that make an accident inevitable :biggrin:

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I was a bit naughty yesterday, I used my AirZound on a group of pedestrians blocking the cycle path into Hyde Park. It was very funny though, watching the waters part for me!

domtyler

Über Member
BentMikey said:
I was a bit naughty yesterday, I used my AirZound on a group of pedestrians blocking the cycle path into Hyde Park. It was very funny though, watching the waters part for me!

You little devil you!! :biggrin::smile::smile:

Trillian

i've had a couple of close ones today,

one guy, nigerian by his accent and manner of speaking (good english tho) just stepped off right in front of me,
i've taken the pulling my brake levers and letting go so that they clunk back in place

seems to work well :biggrin:

Top Bottom