Worst week to be on a bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HOU5EY

Don't know about you but the thought of getting on a bike in this weather seems pretty grim. Has anyone been caught in one of the sudden downpours we've been experiencing?

andyfraser

Über Member
I've seen worse.

andyfraser

Über Member
We have been lucky. I'll be glad when we get to March though, for the lighter mornings and evenings and the hopefully warmer weather.

OP
OP
H

HOU5EY

We have been lucky. I'll be glad when we get to March though, for the lighter mornings and evenings and the hopefully warmer weather.
Yeah me too, looking forward to some decent rides in the evenings instead of bolting straight home soaked.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
been a great week to be poorly.

i normally ride through the grim weather and come down with a bug when it's nice. this time the bad weather has coincided with the flu season. yippee. loving the driving at the moment.

andyfraser

Über Member
Yeah me too, looking forward to some decent rides in the evenings instead of bolting straight home soaked.
I don't mind the rain too much and can bear the wind. I just want to be able to ride my road bike. I hate riding it in the dark due to the horrible state of the roads here. It's really hard to miss all the pot holes and manhole covers in the dark even with good lights.

OP
OP
H

HOU5EY

Think I'm going to use the next couple of days to give the bike a thoroughly good clean and hope for better weather next week. On the plus side I've just won a pair of Schwalbe delta cruisers on eBay for £7. Every cloud ... :smile:

OP
OP
H

HOU5EY

heavy downpours are a way of cycle commuting life. Just have to get on with it.
The wind however.. that can ferk right off.
Yeah, once you're wet you just carry on, fully agree with you I'd rather be wet than have the wind, especially the gales that we're experiencing at the moment

BigAl68

Über Member
Yesterday was one of my worst journeys in four years. Hail, sleet, torrential rain and all in howling almost zero degree wind. It's winter and to be honest it's not been too bad so one bad day is just that.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
We haven't (well I haven't), had the very cold winds and sub zero temperatures, which when you combine with an icy downpour is probably my worst cycling conditions. And I wouldn't mind if we don't get them either.

Top Bottom