Worst week to be on a bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

L Q

Über Member
Been very lucky so far in Lincolnshire with the snow and the rain but the wind from the open fields is just relentless. The gusts just make you twitch and pray that there isn't a car behind you. I just can wait for spring and a bit of calm weather.

clf

Tomorrow looks positively balmy, just rain ice and snow, NO WIND!!!:hyper:

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Been very lucky so far in Lincolnshire with the snow and the rain but the wind from the open fields is just relentless. The gusts just make you twitch and pray that there isn't a car behind you. I just can wait for spring and a bit of calm weather.

Sounds like it has been in East Yorkshire, but tonight is very windy. Glad I got my ride in this morning :smile:

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
I made the mistake of trying out my new bike for a commute earlier in the week. It wasn't bad on the way in, but in the evening the side winds were atrocious and I had 4 or 5 'moments' when I wished I'd stuck with 3 wheels.

We have been lucky. I'll be glad when we get to March though, for the lighter mornings and evenings and the hopefully warmer rain..

I havent been lucky. I ride to work when I can even when its bloody freezin. Dont mind subzero temps too much but I cant handle being wet as it drives me mental. However, mental I became during one 15 mile trip home from work this week. I was planning to do nasty things to Derek.

Drago

Legendary Member
The cold - I laugh in your face.

The rain - bring it on, loser.

The wind - I tremble with fear and try not to cry if people are looking.

lee1980sim

The winds have been the worst thing for me, bloody headwinds affecting my strava segment, thought I was onto a winner the other day though when I got behind a bus... Nice stretch of road no bus stops and a segment I do well in so come on bus get going and block the wind... Did it? No! It just plodded along at 20mph, buses huff they're worse than cyclists

Top Bottom