Worth A Try

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BSRU

A Human Being
May have found a nice new local hill to cycle up on my commute to work.
Cycled down it on Friday and it scared the pants of me, although not much of a descender.
Only just over 1km long but average gradient of 8.1% and maximum of 14.7%.

Do not really have any bad climbs locally, some quite steep but nothing too long.
Probably the hardest I have tried so far is only 1.7km long with an average gradient of 7% but a very small part with a gradient of 20%.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
this thread needs more strava

OP
OP
BSRU

BSRU

A Human Being
I've not tried going up that way, I normally go up overtown hill, I havn't made it all the way up Barbury castle yet :smile:
I normally commute in the morning from east to west but I am going to try some west to east journeys.
So plan to try Priory Hill and Overtown Hill, do not fancy going up Brimble Hill with traffic behind me, although it is probably would not be as bad as I think.

campbellab

People coming down Brimble Hill can be coming pretty quick round the corner.

I'm not quite following how you can change reverse a commute from being east to west!

OP
OP
BSRU

BSRU

A Human Being
People coming down Brimble Hill can be coming pretty quick round the corner.

I'm not quite following how you can change reverse a commute from being east to west!
I live in the centre of Swindon about 3km from work, so to get some exercise I ride out into the Wiltshire countryside normally via Day House Lane or Broome Manor Lane.

Top Bottom