Worth upgrading my Road Bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
I don't think I have ever heard of a Synapse 'Ultra' @iamRayRay ...

are you sure it's a genuine Cannondale as it seems very cheap for quite a new model design like the Synapse ?

I don't know about your bike experience at all, do you have an experienced road cyclist you could lean on for help ?

A photo or link to the bike could be useful. :thumbsup:

moo

Ultra is the name of the fork and was often labelled as so. Anyone not aware of what they are selling would asume it is part of the bikes name.

OP
OP
iamRayRay

iamRayRay

Quads of Steel
Hey guys, images on attached hopefully, could be a bargain for £400 odd?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-07 at 16.32.34.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-07 at 16.32.34.png
    96.1 KB · Views: 77
  • Screen Shot 2014-11-07 at 16.32.44.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-07 at 16.32.44.png
    95.4 KB · Views: 73
  • Screen Shot 2014-11-07 at 16.32.50.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-07 at 16.32.50.png
    107.2 KB · Views: 71
  • Screen Shot 2014-11-07 at 16.32.56.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-07 at 16.32.56.png
    106.7 KB · Views: 69
OP
OP
iamRayRay

iamRayRay

Quads of Steel
Guy said that he bought road bike but didn't get along with it...

"Never been used. Change of mind on a road bike and have decided to buy a mountain bike instead."
^^^ straight from the horses mouth

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
No wonder he changed his mind if he had been riding around thinking that bike setup is acceptable!
Correct, it's clearly the wrong bike for him.

What's most important is that the bike FITS you, so make sure the sizing is right first and formost.

Good Quality Aluminium bikes are fine for the 'up to 50 miles' cycling you mention.
9 Speed is fine too. 11 speed might be new kid on the block, but 9 speed is more durable than 10 or 11, chains more fixable and spares are more than plentiful.
The best way to make any bike feel (and be) faster is decent lightweight wheels and tyres. Even on £1000 bikes the wheels and tyres are pretty entry-level which spoils all that fancy carbon ....
Planet-X do some Lairy deals on road bikes too.

OP
OP
iamRayRay

iamRayRay

Quads of Steel
Cheers guys, dodged a bullet on this one!

goody

Veteran
PlanetX are doing either SRAM or Tiagra equiped alu bike for 499 both under 9kg and argos has that carbon Ventura 8.8kg shimano 9speed sora and r500 wheelset also 499.

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
PlanetX are doing either SRAM or Tiagra equiped alu bike for 499 both under 9kg and argos has that carbon Ventura 8.8kg shimano 9speed sora and r500 wheelset also 499.

I have the cp50 (argos) and its a great low cost bike (when bought at sale price).

Cyclist33

Correct, it's clearly the wrong bike for him.

What's most important is that the bike FITS you, so make sure the sizing is right first and formost.

Good Quality Aluminium bikes are fine for the 'up to 50 miles' cycling you mention.
9 Speed is fine too. 11 speed might be new kid on the block, but 9 speed is more durable than 10 or 11, chains more fixable and spares are more than plentiful.
The best way to make any bike feel (and be) faster is decent lightweight wheels and tyres. Even on £1000 bikes the wheels and tyres are pretty entry-level which spoils all that fancy carbon ....
Planet-X do some Lairy deals on road bikes too.
Er, make that 100+ miles.

Top Bottom